Aircraft Maintenance Manager/Accountable Manager/Chief inspector
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/12/2016
END DATE 9/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAE is a global leader in delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. We design and integrate the industry's most comprehensive training solutions, anchored by the knowledge and expertise of our 8,000 employees, our world-leading simulation technologies and a track record of service and technology innovation spanning seven decades. Our global presence is the broadest in the industry, with 160 sites and training locations in 35 countries, including our joint venture operations, and the world's largest installed base of flight simulators. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers, as well as thousands of healthcare professionals. www.cae.com
Aircraft Maintenance Manager/Accountable Manager/Chief inspector
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aircraft Maintenance Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the aircraft maintenance facility functions including aircraft maintenance, quality assurance, inventory management, line service, maintenance equipment and vehicle maintenance, and crew scheduling and department budgeting. This person oversees the work of the FAA Repair Station maintenance staff, manage the service, repair, and overall maintenance of aircraft and aircraft engines to verify aircraft are safe for flight, ensure that inventory records are properly managed, ensure that the shipping and receiving functions are properly managed, and ensure that all operations are performed within the regulatory guidelines set by the applicable regulator (FAA or other). This person will also ensure that the facility is operating in accordance with the FAA Repair Station manual approved by the regulating authority (FAA or others). This person also oversees the scheduling of repairs and maintenance of the aircraft and works with the quality assurance team to ensure that all aircraft, powerplant, and propeller logbooks, work orders and records are kept in order. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget. Acts as advisor to aircraft maintenance team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ensures that all aircraft maintenance and modifications are accomplished by acceptable methods and techniques and in accordance with the specifications set forth by the manufacturer in the service manuals, the Federal Aviation Administration regulations, other approved data, and established policies/procedures. Certificate of Airworthiness for each aircraft managed by COAAP remains valid in respect of:
(i) The airworthiness of the aircraft
(ii) The expiry date specified on the Airworthiness Review Certificate
* (iii) Any other condition specified in the certificate
* Reports any occurrences or incidents, of a maintenance nature, to the FAA and the aircraft manufacturers. This includes both mandatory occurrences and occurrences related to maintenance findings, which fall outside the mandatory reporting scheme.
* Performs supervisory management of the inventory management area ensuring the accuracy of quantity, valuation, location, and security of that inventory to ensure that all inventory has appropriate airworthiness paperwork associated with it to maintain chain of custody of all parts, components, consumables, rotables, expendables. In addition, supervises the inventory verification process and ensures that cycle counts and annual counting process is performed in accordance with industry practices.
* Performs surveillance of aircraft record keeping and the corresponding inspection records, reports, and forms to ensure proper execution including performing technical research as required to determine status/compliance of aircraft data.
* Provides technical guidance and oversight to Maintenance Staff on techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to perform the maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations.
* Ensures that aircraft squawks reported by flight crews are promptly addressed. Coordinates with the Operations Department in scheduling maintenance and modification of company aircraft
* Works cooperatively with other departments to maintain configuration of the company aircraft fleet. Obtain FAA installation approvals for equipment installations and modifications to company aircraft Manages FAA Aircraft Repair Station including representing the company on maintenance and installation related issues with the FAA.
* Supervises the development and implementation of all 14 CFR 145 manuals, training records, and repair station audits. Develops and implements work processes, standards, and policies for work conducted by aviation maintenance technicians to ensure high levels of production and regulatory compliance.
* Adhere to all safety, 5S, aircraft cleanliness and organization. Implement lean techniques.
* Provide regular coaching, checking and mentoring Maintenance Staff in a structured manner to ensure high quality training, standardization and professional behavior. Responsible for providing input on performance assessment and progress on personal development to staff as part of the regular Performance Management cycle.
* Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
* Responsible for the aircraft facilities, including work area, materials, tools, repair station inventory, and test equipment; and to ensure all is clean, organized and maintained. Ensures all referenced data including but not limited to maintenance manuals, service bulletins, parts books, regulatory updates, and other technical directives are the current distributed revisions available. Conducts company conformity inspections as a part of aircraft certification activities, Conducts modifications of flight test aircraft including installation of avionics and test equipment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for activities of direct reports including, but not limited to, attendance/time management, adherence to company policy and procedures, and development of technical and leadership skills.
Perform supervisory and disciplinary duties, performance appraisals, and determine rate adjustments for direct reports. Responsible for communication of regular performance appraisal and determining pay adjustments for direct reports. Mentor Maintenance Supervisor and Chief Inspector in their growth of technical skills and career development. Supervises a specific group of technicians within the department by shift and/or project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Must have A & P License-required
* Must have Inspection Authorization (IA)-required
* Experience in a management or supervisory role in a FAA Part 145 Repair Station
* Extensive experience with avionics installations