Associate Director, CL&D, Leadership Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/14/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
* Recommends training programs and manages the design of content for select therapeutic areas
* Responsible for leading the Regional Director and Regional Trainer training curriculums
* Oversees the Commercial Leadership Development Program and sits on the LDP Oversight Committee
* Serves as CL&D lead for the Commercial Rotation Program
* Charged with exploring leadership training options for second line leaders across US Commercial
* Collaborates with ex-US learning & development partners to explore and leverage synergies
* Hires, leads, develops and promotes employees within the CL&D Team
* Partners with senior members of various internal departments to ensure that CL&D understands the strategic vision of key stakeholders
* May moderate key strategic training sessions for the most senior members of management in the Commercial organization.
* Uses broad strategic thinking to analyze the characteristics of the business environment and the challenges to developing training needs
* Participates in and leads cross-functional projects focused on the design and delivery of training and shaping of overall curriculum, often with high visibility to senior management within the organization
* Analyzes the return on investment for training expenditure in areas of concentration, and makes changes to ensure training remains relevant and valuable to the business
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
The successful candidate must possess the following:
* Ability to plan and manage numerous projects and promote collaboration, partnerships and relationships among the participants in a design project
* Analyze the characteristics of the business environment and challenges to develop customized training
* Analyze the characteristics of existing and emerging technologies and leverage appropriately
* Apply fundamental research skills to instructional design projects
* Select, modify, or create a design and development model appropriate for a given project
* Apply instructional design principles to Training and Development projects
* Research and utilize technology to enhance the Training and Development function and processes
* Evaluate training and performance interventions to support management
* Use sales force effectiveness metrics and analysis to improve training and development design
* Plan and promote organizational change
* Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design
* Apply business skills to managing instructional design
* Design instructional management systems
* Apply business and financial management skills to the Training and Development function
* Implement knowledge management solutions
* Monitor and maintain alignment with Commercial group s strategic training plan while balancing short-term and long-term business goal
* Proven leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, to drive change and lead and mentor others. Has successful prior experience as a Regional Director or a comparable first line manager role.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills in order to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among individuals from a group of disparate individuals
* Able to effectively present and facilitate key training programs
* Significant breadth of knowledge on commonly used training concepts, practices and procedures across Gilead, as well as a depth of knowledge of their impact or potential impact on Commercial across all therapeutic area
* Able to identify potential instructional design projects required to achieve both short- and long-term goals of the organization
* Manage training design and curricula development projects by promoting collaboration, partnerships, and relationships among the participants in a design project
* Identify the business processes and actions where a work unit needs to excel in order to achieve its strategic goals
* The ability to lead in a matrix organization
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
An effective AD, CL&D, identifies the business process and actions where the work unit needs to excel in order to achieve its goals. As the AD, you have to identify the organization needs and the gaps that exist, and what capabilities will be needed in the future. The successful AD must possess strong project management skills, executive presentations skills, facilitation skills, strong understanding of key leadership development principles/theory and people development fundamentals. The ideal candidate would also have a solid understanding of the skills to be an effective first line manager as demonstrated through previous successful leadership experience. They must have the ability to focus on and evolve performance by establishing clear objectives for the programs and projects, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills as well as design, and development of curricula and content. The successful candidate will be passionate, creative and innovative with ability to generate fresh ideas and new ways of doing things so as to advance the current pathways already in place.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
* Requires BS/BA degree with a concentration in Science, Education, Business or Marketing.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant Training and/or Sales and Sales Management experience in biotech or pharmaceutical fields
* Previous experience and track record of success as a first line manager
* MS or MBA degree is desirable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :