Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst 5/11/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon Is Looking For a Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst Northeast Region
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon , in our South/Southwest Region (New York, NY; Somerset, NJ; Hartford, CT; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA and other offices may be considered).
As a Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst, you will provide actuarial and group consulting support for mid to large corporate accounts with a focus on analytics to assist the Health Strategies Consultants in servicing existing clients and prospects.
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst
* Includes both post retirement and post-employment benefits programs;
* Conduct accounting disclosures, claims analyses, costings, projections, and periodic experience updates as required to assist in the financial management of clients insurance plans; and
* Maintaining a variety of Excel-based group benefit actuarial tools.
Group Insurance Renewals & Financial Reports:
* Conduct underwriting analysis based on clients plan history and change in risk to negotiate the best insurance rates possible on their behalf;
* Flexible benefit pricing;
* Assist consultants with negotiating renewal ratings; and
* Preparing quarterly experience reviews, letters.
* Perform market reviews and benchmarks to meet the evolving business needs of our clients;
* Preparing financial exhibits,
* Analyzing quotations and preparing specifications for seeking quotations; and
* Arranging and writing the client report summarizing quotation results.
* Reviewing group insurance contracts, agreements, and employee booklets;
* Peer review and validation work done by junior health and benefits analysts;
* Assist in analytic projects such as pooling risk simulations and drugs utilization reviews;
* Promoting good public relations by developing strong working relationships with clients and insurance company representatives;
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, while having a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting; and
* Occasional travel required to client locations.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience; relevant experience in a consulting/insurance environment working in group underwriting and group benefits departments preferred;
* A superior ability in mathematics and financial analysis, and demonstrated computer skills using financial spreadsheet programs;
* Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
* Must be a highly motivated, client service and team oriented individual;
* Ability to multi-task on several projects simultaneously in an environment with concurrent deadlines subject to change, as well as regular interruptions;
* Strong technical skills across Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Must have Advanced Excel proficiency;
* Applicants who do not have the industry experience, but have the required education and skills will also be considered; and
* Local travel is required.
* Bachelor s degree is required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related discipline; and
* Commitment to professional development. Completion of at least 3 SOA exams, and working towards completion of ASA designation;
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.