Consultant/Senior Consultant, Executive Compensation, Radford 5/11/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-CA-San Francisco
Senior Consultant/ Consultant, Executive Compensation, Radford
San Francisco, CA
Aon is looking for an Executive Compensation Consultant/Senior Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Radford, part of Aon s Talent, Rewards & Performance practice, in San Francisco, CA.
Radford, a unit of Aon s Talent, Rewards & Performance practice, is looking for an Consultant/Senior Consultant to support our growing Executive Compensation advisory practice. The ideal candidate for this role is a team player with impeccable attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple priorities, and an excellent sense of humor.
In this role, you are refining and applying your knowledge of compensation design and implementation practices to deliver high quality and effective client solutions. You will lead projects with minimum direction from more experienced consultants and/or serve as a team member for larger, more complex client engagements. In this role, you will be primarily delivering billable client work but will support selling efforts and be a part of proposal teams.
Candidates with less Compensation Consulting experience will be considered for a Consultant level role.
* Serve as intermediary between Account Manager (Partners), junior staff resources (Analyst-Consultant) and Client
* Manage client projects from start to finish, translating client needs into analysis and design recommendations across topics such as executive compensation, board of director compensation, incentive plan design, equity guidelines
* Manage projects within agreed upon timeline and within budget
* Review and be accountable for all methodology / analysis / output on each staffed project
* Provide regular guidance and developmental feedback to junior staff
* Develop summary reports including findings and recommendations
* Interface and co-deliver presentations to client
* Assist in overseeing key areas of firm research
* Assist in new business/firm development activities (e.g., speeches, white papers, etc.)
* Assist in day-to-day management of the San Francisco office.
* Consultant level candidate will have more project management focused responsibilities.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5-10 years of compensation or related experience with external consulting experience required (for Consultant level candidates, at least 4+ years of experience)
* Executive compensation experience required
* Technology and/or Life Sciences industry experience preferred
* Strong quantitative background and skill set
* Highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Ability to synthesize and communicate large amounts of data into key findings and identify related business issues
* Have an eye for detail, while not losing focus of the bigger picture
* Confidence to present and defend methodology / recommendations to C-level and Board of Directors audience
* Leadership experience in terms of mentoring or developing peers and/or junior team members
* Experience of working effectively within teams (professionally or otherwise)
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in fast-pace, loosely-structured and deadline-oriented environment
* Maturity to operate independently, yet maintain open communication with team members on changing landscape/priorities
* Track record of success in terms of historical performance rating and/or utilization (billable hours / total hours)
Bachelor's degree or MBA, preferably with a focus in Finance, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics. Other majors will also be considered
What makes Radford unique*
Radford empowers the world's most innovative organizations to hire, retain and engage the amazing people they need to create life-changing solutions and products. We also empower our colleagues for success through top-notch formal training; invaluable on-the-job experiences, including immediate and direct contact with clients; untethered access to our world-class data; a flat organizational hierarchy that allows for fast communication, collaboration and decision-making; and the global resources of Aon. We look for individuals who are inclusive, responsive, agile, work fast, and over-deliver all while having fun and maintaining a sense of humor.
Radford is part of the Talent, Rewards & Performance practice at Aon plc.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.