Sales Manager 5/11/2018
Bridgestreet Global Hospitality
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With more than 120,000 accommodations in over 91 countries, BridgeStreet Global Hospitality is the leading hospitality solution. Powered by OTA technology, BridgeStreet.com is built for business travellers and gives serviced apartment and home operator's access to extensive global reach bookable in real-time along with built-in demand from BridgeStreet's 5000+ client portfolio and 100+ global sales team. Widely recognized for uncompromising standards of quality, comfort and service, BridgeStreet Global Hospitality is a renowned award winner in both the Americas and EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa).
Experience Requirements: A minimum of 3 years experience in direct sales of product and services. Extended stay, hotel, real estate or serviced apartment sales experience preferred.
The Sales Manager is responsible for identifying prospective clients, developing those prospects into actual clients and maintaining client relations at the highest levels. The position requires a self-motivating individual who can convey an image of confidence in themselves, value in our company, and leadership to others. This position requires and individual who can align themselves and their day-to-day functions with our Brand.
1. Generating Business
* Identify key decision makers for extended-stay travel
* Generate leads through cold calling on the telephone, person-to-person meetings and networking with prospective and actual clients
* Work with prospective and current clients selling vertically within each industry and business segment to identify additional business opportunities within their companies
* Network and participate in local professional organizations within key industries specific to the assigned territory. Familiarity with organizations such as ERC and SHRM plus others is required
* In-person follow up on leads received through general referrals, cross-selling, advertisements and inquiries
* Create and distribute sales materials and presentation collateral as appropriate for each appointment
* Tour prospective key decision makers through apartment communities as necessary
* Assist the General Manager in general sales activities, including trade shows, advertising, public relations and others as directed
* Generate Cross-sold business outside local market to support the BridgeStreet system and function as a total resource for the local client base.
* Maintain a list of the top 25 revenue accounts and work on expanding that list
* Maintain a quarterly target list of 8 top accounts and work on producing business and expanding that list
* Complete weekly plans and quarterly action steps and review with the Director of Sales
* Update the company's database with client information daily and weekly as needed
* Assist the GM and DOS in developing the Sales Department annual budget and work within the budget
* Make recommendations on apartment inventory for existing and pending sales
* Maintain area map complete with inventory and client locations noted for making recommendations on apartment locations and new markets
* Work designated territory in a structured format
* Participate in apartment pricing issues and decisions
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Confidence, enthusiasm and a strong dedication to the job and company
* Customer focused approach to problem solving and resolution skills
* Strong innovation and experimentation skills
* Knowledge of travel and or relocation industry, current market trends and economic factors
* Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations
* Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using Microsoft WORD, Outlook, Access. PowerPoint and Tasks manager systems
* Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written
* Previous experience using Sales Automation Software for tracking sales and account activity
* Proven success in a Customer focused sales environment
* Previous experience calling on upper management level clients through phone and in-person sales presentations
Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts is preferred.
Formal negotiation training is ideal
Travel (approx): Visit current and prospective local clients as needed.
Number of Employees supervised (approx): 0
* The Company, through Passport to Your Success will assist in achieving the skill set required (via training and mentoring), thus enabling you to reach your full potential in line with your career aspirations.
* Commits to embracing and embedding all of the BridgeStreet Teammate characteristics: Relentless in creating a lasting impression; Resourceful with your positive attitude; Reliable with your commitment and actions - to name a few
* Understands the impact of delivering the BridgeStreet Corporate Drivers: Service Excellence; Relationships; Leadership; and Growth
* Acts as a role model within the Sales Team, and to the BridgeStreet Team as a whole
* Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way
* Committed to upholding professional standards
* Takes responsibility for own actions
* Results-focused - understands what is important to the organization, other BridgeStreet Teammates and clients - is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organization
* Self-motivated and self-aware - recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
* Has a sense of fun.
* This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The role may evolve and more responsibilities would be added to the current job description or delegated as and when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.