GC Chemist 5/15/2018
ALS Environmental USA
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # Positions
1 week ago(5/14/2018 5:34 PM)
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
We are known for developing innovative methods to address complex analytical issues for our clients. This position will require thermal desorption GCMS analytical techniques, therefore we are looking for an enthusiastic chemist, with a BS in Chemistry or related field, who is willing to embrace these new challenges and think outside the box for solutions to problems. The individual must be self-motivated and willing to help enhance methodologies and current techniques to aid efficiency. They also must be capable of working independently and in a team setting. Candidate must have excellent comprehensive, verbal communication and written skills.
* Analyze sample following EPA, ASTM and TO methodologies.
* Document activities and report results in a concise and accurate manner.
* Evaluate, approve, and analyze the results of QC samples.
* Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA department.
* Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Possess a general knowledge of organic chemistry fundamentals; ability to understand terminology and principals in order to comply with analytical methods.
* Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word; experience with or ability to learn industry specific software such as Target and Chemstation and our laboratory information management system, Horizon in a timely manner.
* Multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision.
* Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives; willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give 100%. Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
* Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients in a professional manner.
* 4 year degree in a scientific field (chemistry, biology, etc)
* Minimum of 3+ years' experience in a testing laboratory.
* The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
* Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
* Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
* Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
* Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"