Sample Preparation Laboratory Technician 5/16/2018
ALS Environmental USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # Positions
1 week ago(5/14/2018 6:49 PM)
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Sample Prep/Analyst will be responsible for preparing samples for analysis using a variety of sample preparation equipment (crusher, grinders, knife mills, sieve shakers, etc.) and analyzing samples using manual and instrumental techniques in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. In addition, cleaning glassware, receiving supplies, and assisting in other areas of the operation as needed.
* The Sample Prep/Analyst is responsible to learn and utilize sample preparation equipment is a safe manner.
* Must be able to help in perform basic tasks including, but not limited to; washing glassware, weighing or measuring samples, and other basic tasks under supervision.
* Responsible to accurately enter and document results in controlled logbooks, bench sheets, and computer programs, etc.
* Must develop an understanding of quality control and the requirements of quality control.
* Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Handle hazardous material appropriately and safely. Use appropriate safety equipment.
* Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS.
* A commitment to cross training.
* Diligent work ethic and the ability to work as a team member.
* Familiarity with computer systems; a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets a plus.
* Knowledge of basic lab skills, i.e. use of balances, pipettes, quantitative transfer of samples.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
* High energy level, confidence, and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to also work overtime and weekends as needed.
* Some laboratory experience is preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and coworkers.
* Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
* The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
* Wear a half-face respirator, full PPE which includes coveralls up to 8 hours a day.
* Ability to work under hot/cold conditions.
* Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
* Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
* Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
* Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"