Contracts Administrator 5/16/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for a Contracts Administrator
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk, in New York City, Chicago, or Dallas. As a Contracts Administrator you will report directly to the Director, Sales Operations.
Your impact as a Contracts Administrator:
With exciting growth plans, Stroz Friedberg wants to continue to attract and develop the very best talent with strong business problem solving skills, and is currently looking to supplement its Operations, Legal and Finance Teams with a Contracts Administrator who excels in contract management, review and negotiation to provide significant business value. The ideal candidate will have the ability to negotiate through issues and change directions quickly and as needed. Given the breadth of the role, he/she will need to be flexible and self-motivated, and work closely with a wide variety of internal stakeholders, Stroz Friedberg s sister companies and external parties.
* Manage intake process and procedures for all master/professional services agreements, engagement letters and statements of work.
* Respond to inquiries from business teams on contract questions as well as updates regarding status of matters under review.
* Assist Managers on risk escalation process and preparation of forms for submission of contract and engagement matters to the internal Risk Committees.
* Draft, negotiate and revise a wide variety of contracts, including engagement letters, master/professional services agreements and statements of work in accordance with company standards in order to maintain and enhance the Company s business goals.
* Review matters for conflicts; prepare and circulate memos/notices where ethical walls are set up on matters.
* Manage the restricted entity list.
* Liaison with legal department (or outside counsel, where appropriate) for support on assignments and escalations.
* Negotiate and revise other vendor and business development agreements in accordance with company standards in order to maintain and enhance the Company s business goals.
* Address performance and delivery issues.
* Provide assistance on contract disputes and resolution efforts prior to escalation to Legal.
* Manage reporting requirements related to contract intake and related processes.
* Ongoing special projects as designated by the Sales Operations and/or Finance and Legal Teams.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise:
* 8 years of contractual negotiation experience with an understanding of contract language. Master/Professional services contracting experience is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of legal, financial and operational processes.
* Strong analytical skills, business acumen and proven problem-solving experience.
* Knowledge of corporate and contractual law. Experience negotiating a broad range of issues that arise in the context of commercial transactions (e.g. indemnification, limitation of liability, confidentiality, security).
* Knowledge of dispute resolution is helpful, but not required.
* Possesses sound and practical business judgment.
* Familiarity with or willingness to learn technical concepts.
* Drive efficiencies and process improvements
* Capable of organizing, prioritizing and managing deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
* Exemplary written and oral communication skills, with ability to comfortably interact with executives and senior management.
* Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal and external clients.
* Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years professional experience OR 7 years professional experience combined with a related Master s Degree or its equivalent.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.