Senior Consultant, Sales Force Effectiveness 5/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for aSenior Consultant, Sales Force Effectiveness
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Talent, Reward & Performance consulting practice in Chicago, IL.
Your impact as a Senior Consultant, Sales Force Effectiveness
The SFE Senior Consultant has five main responsibilities that are also associated with measurable metrics:
* Carry the target billing load with clients, delivering high quality work products that generate favorable ROI for the client business and the firm.
* Identify client needs and develop project plans and proposals to deliver optimal engagement value to both the client and Aon Hewitt. Manage a team to deliver work products of the highest quality on time and under budget.
* Begin to build a business development capability, leveraging client and internal relationships to create new engagements and achieve target sales volume.
* Manage and coach project consultants during the course of executing client and internal project assignments. Develop and administer internal training to increase capabilities across the practice and the firm.
* Identify and develop a content area through independent research, participating with Partners in speaking engagements, co-authoring articles and testing new concepts.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
The SFE Senior Consultant should demonstrate high levels of the five core consulting competencies. These include:
* Technical Expertise The SFE Senior Consultant should demonstrate mastery of sales force effectiveness concepts and analytical techniques, with the ability to select appropriate methodologies for specific issues and apply techniques to solve complex client problems.
* Business Acumen The SFE Senior Consultant should demonstrate understanding of client business models in at least two industries, life cycle phases and geographies. This should be demonstrated through insightful probing/questioning with clients and prospects, contextually appropriate work products/solutions and direction of project consultant resources.
* Communication The SFE Senior Consultant should be clearly understood in all situations with internal and external resources. The Senior Consultant should be able to listen comprehensively, deliver clear instructions, offer constructive feedback, convey complex concepts and facilitate processes. Self-diagnosis of workload and project execution issues is critical for successful Senior Consultants.
* Leadership The SFE Senior Consultant should be a role model for internal and external resources by effectively marshalling resources, building plans, and seeking assistance in removing obstacles where they occur. The Senior Consultant will be in a pivotal role for directing and correcting behavior at the project consultant level.
* Relationship Development The SFE Senior Consultant should accumulate favorable business relationships among past/present clients, senior/junior resources and formal/informal alliances. These relationships should yield both financial and karmic return on investment.
The successful SFE Senior Consultant will have an MBA from a selective institution and at least 6 years of work experience. Experience as a sales professional is often beneficial, but is not required. At least 4 years of experience in consulting is required. The Project Manager will have a demonstrated track record of problem solving, successful complex engagements and team-building.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.