On-Call Field Benefits Enrollment Counselor (Multiple Client Locations) 5/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-FL-Maitland
Aon Is Looking For An On Call Benefits Enrollment Counselor
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits business group. As an on-location Benefits Enrollment Counselor you will report directly to the Enrollment Manager and work primarily at the client location.
Enrollment Counselors will work on site with our clients in several states including (but not limited to): California, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, and Texas, completing face to face benefit enrollments.
Your Impact As An On Call Benefits Enrollment Counselor
* Our Counselors assist employees with understanding and making their medical and voluntary benefit elections. There is no sales required in this position.
* Counselor duties include entering information accurately into the enrollment program, confirming information with the customer, and completing all authorizations and surveys.
* Elevate the benefit knowledge and enrollment experience of the nation s workforce.
* Proficient in the benefit enrollment cases which have been assigned.
* Ability to communicate and enroll multiple cases.
* Explain and enroll employees in core benefits.
* Explain and enroll employees in voluntary benefits.
* Polite and courteous to all customers and staff. Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
* Adhere to all work and break schedules.
* Required to work flexible schedules (day or evening), based upon workload and client requirements.
* Communicate information thoroughly and perform work completely and accurately.
* Enter information accurately into the enrollment program. Complete applications accurately with all required information. Mail correct information to the correct customer.
* Explain each benefit in detail. Must explain all voluntary benefits in detail and promote features and benefits.
* Ensure all benefits, coverage levels, dependents covered, and deductions are reviewed with and confirmed by the employee. Ensure survey is completed.
* Ensure all enrollment information is saved correctly, even if a partial enrollment was completed.
* Provide suggestions to improve efficiencies resulting in higher revenue and reduced expenses.
* Keep work areas neat, clean, and organized.
* Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
* Regular and predictable attendance in the office required
* Required to attend orientation training and specific case training.
* Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
* Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
* Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
* Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Experience in Customer Service and/or sales experience in person and/or over the phone.
* Must be licensed or able to be licensed in Life and Health Insurance within 90 days of hire.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work a flexible hours which could include on call overnight
* Ability to flexible for on call work at a changing client location with peak season of August to December
* 3 + years of experience in Customer Service and/or sales experience in person and/or over the phone.
* Specialized background in HR, and benefit plans
* Bi-lingual Spanish
* High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred. Responsibility and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.