Prep Tech Lead (Internal) 5/18/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # Positions
1 week ago(5/17/2018 2:40 PM)
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
* Ringing, sieving (including International Soils), crushing and splitting;
* Loading and unloading drying ovens;
* Maintain own production logs;
* Assist in the training of sample preparation staff and report their performance to the Lab Manager;
* Adjust crushers and perform basic mechanical maintenance as required;
* Acts as a backup to the Floor Supervisor;
* General cleaning duties for basic lab cleanliness;
* Assists with layout duties/tasks;
* Handling compositing, screen metallics, special handling requests, etc;
* Inspecting equipment and inform senior employee if adjustment is required;
* Handles basic internal problem solving;
* May assists in training / mentoring new employees on basic prep procedures;
* Dealing with NORM sample preparations;
* Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
* Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 6 months (180 days) work experience in a commercial minerals laboratory or minerals sample preparation required;
* Forklift licence/certification, or experience driving a forklift an asset
* Ability to stand for long periods of time;
* Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
* Ability to work in a hot and dusty environment;
* Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks;
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
* Be cleanly-shaven in order to wear protective equipment;
* Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.