Quality Technician 5/18/2018
Meggitt Defense Systems, Inc (Meggitt Baltimore, Inc.)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Support the manufacturing process by assisting with the maintenance of the QMS, support engineering planning inspection activities, reviewing documents for accuracy and relevance, participates in meetings to ensure compliance to customer, standards, and regulatory requirements. Inspection responsibilities as needed will be required as we transition to quality inspection processes and support production needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Administer calibration program planning calibration activities, record retention
* Administer tooling program CFE/GFE tooling surveys, PTI tracking and scheduling
* Quality Clinic coordination monitoring status of NCs and CARs, trending NC data for metric reporting
* Support supplier management
* Maintain Sales Order quality clause matrix
* Support quality engineering planning inspection activities
* Inspection responsibilities as needed.
* Records storage and retention
* Support QMS procedures
* Retains (engineering test panels) storage and retention
* Support Meggitt Production System (MPS) activities
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or associates degree, bachelor s degree preferred. Experience in a manufacturing environment performing part and process inspection. Experience with ISO9001/AS9100, calibration, configuration management, quality management systems, ability to read a drawing.
Basic PC knowledge, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment:
Position involves sitting, standing and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
The work site is an industrial manufacturing operation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required in some aspects of the role.
Work usually performed in air-conditioned office environment.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D