Underwriting Specialist II 5/19/2018
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IN-Fort Wayne
Aon Is Looking For An Underwriting Specialist II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our K&K business group within Aon Affinity.
Your Impact As An Underwriting Specialist II
* Answer client phone calls that are received within the division and effectively communicate program guidelines to the client as well as answering any questions related to the specific programs.
* Review, evaluate and approve insurance applications and related documents
* Follow up with client or agent on pending information needed for a complete submission following the specific guidelines for the cash with application program
* Prepare files for renewal solicitation. Verify accounts are still within the parameters of underwriting guidelines. Order loss runs and send non-renewals as needed
* Communicate with policy operations on the execution of tasks needed to bind an account or complete a client s request
* Develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with underwriters, marketing professionals, brokers, and policy operations associates to provide high quality service to clients
* Assist in review and assignments of e-mails in unit shared e-mail boxes, including e-commerce websites (transaction confirmations)
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 3+ years Commercial Property & Casualty insurance experience preferably in an MGU or carrier environment.
* Understand commercial auto, liability and workers compensation coverage.
* Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
* Excellent math, oral and written English communication skills.
* Candidate must be organized, able to prioritize work and possess effective time management skills in a fast paced environment.
* Work well with team members and co-workers, participate in and support an underwriting team environment, advance your knowledge with formal educational courses, and interact with management.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and possess effective time management skills.
* High School diploma required. Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of industry experience preferred.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.