Assistant Director - Shared Services Operations 5/19/2018
University of California - UC Path Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The UCPath Center is a crucial component of the University of California's high-priority project to centralize, streamline and standardize the university's HR, payroll, benefits, general ledger, work force administration and academic processes. Located in Riverside, the UCPath Center will serve all the university's 216,000 employees from UC's campuses, medical centers and research facilities.
Reporting to the Director of Production, the incumbent is responsible for managing the general operations of Workforce Administration (HR), Benefits and Payroll in a shared services environment. Establishes operational goals, objectives, work plans and delegates assignments through subordinate managers that align with the University of California's mission. Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing resources in these three work streams of the Production department: Payroll, Benefits, and Workforce Administration. Monitors and analyzes the current areas of Production to ensure effectiveness, and working out a strategy for improving when necessary. Reviews and makes recommendations to the Director for programs and projects. Individual is involved in developing, modifying and executing organizational practices and policies that affect immediate operations and may also have organization wide effect. Implement initiatives in the workstreams that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
* Supervision and development of staff which includes Payroll Managers, Workforce Administration Manager, and Benefits Manager.
* Serve as a key administrative officer for UCPath Center's operations, oversees analysis and policy and procedure development for issues and processes within the Production department.
* Develops, analyzes, modifies, and executes organizational policies, procedures and practices which affect and impact the immediate operation(s).
* Serves as a subject matter expert on Production's practices for the UCPath Center.
* Administers services typically including all or most of the following functions: HR, Benefits and Payroll; UCPath Center processes human resources, benefits, and payroll transactions that will produce payrolls for over 200,000 employees.
* Qualified candidate will possess deep expertise on human resources, benefits and payroll subject matters.
* Heavy involvement with administrative and operational matters to ensure achievement of business objectives that have department and organization wide impact.
* May maintain production departmental budget.
* A minimum of 5-7 of hands-on experience administering operations in a large scale shared services environment.
* Thorough knowledge of payroll, employee benefits and human resources or a related servcie oriented work environment.
* Experience in higher education desired.
* Working Knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM desired.
* Excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations; skills in conflict management techniques.
* Skills to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including other campuses.
* Thorough knowledge and use of analytics and reporting.
* Excellent project management skills and continuous process improvement.
* Very strong ability to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify options for resolution.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and influence others and develop and maintain high standards of customer service.
Education and Certification:
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
* Master's degree strongly preferred.
* CPP, CEBS, PHR, or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled