Sales Operations Analyst 5/22/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for a Sales Operations Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk in New York, NY OR Chicago, IL. As a Sales Operations Analyst, you will report directly to the Director, Sales Operations.
Your impact as a Sales Operations Analyst
The Aon Cyber Solutions Group ( ACSG ) New Business Analyst ( NBA ) will partner with the Stroz Friedberg Regional Leaders and the ACSG Sales Operations team in strategizing, developing, implementing, supporting, tracking, and measuring new business activities for the group. The NBA will report directly to the ACSG Sales Operations Team with a dotted line to his/her Regional Leader. The goal of the NBA is to support and drive a process that generates measurable new business revenue.
New Business Implementation & Support
* Work with the Region Leader and Sales Ops team to identify the appropriate new business initiatives to activate in the region. This can encompass selected targeted sales initiatives, industry verticals, product segments, or market segment strategies enacted by the local office (the New Business Plays ).
* Consult with product and practice groups to identify targeted industry verticals and in targeted product segments.
* Work with National and Regional Marketing to implement go to market strategy to support the New Business Plays based on identified products and industries.
* Strategize with sales teams and Engagement Managers (EM s) to develop prospect identification and client penetration strategies.
* Cascade National Sales plays to your local offices, providing colleagues with strategy, collateral and timeline.
* Action all leads obtained through marketing activities, including immediate direct follow up with qualified leads to determine opportunity status.
* Add qualified leads to Salesforce.
* Research prospects and clients, using analyst reports, SEC reports, Yahoo! Finance, LinkedIn and related sources of information, to identify potential new business opportunities and develop prospect- and client-specific risk profile information.
* To supplement the NBA s reports, the NBA will partner with the Aon Global Sales & Marketing Support team ( GSMS ) to obtain prospect-, client-, and industry-specific reports. The reports are to be requested only on an as needed basis.
* Identify target lists for the various New Business Plays and populate into Salesforce.
* Develop creative suggestions for new business revenue.
* Utilize Local Market Planning data to develop a strategy to identify new business priorities and opportunities.
New Business Tracking & Measuring
* Manage and coordinate prospect- and client-specific information within Salesforce to ensure opportunities are input and data is accurate and up-to-date.
* Prepare revenue and pipeline reports for local, regional and national sales management review. The NBA is responsible for the accuracy of the pipeline.
* Measure campaigns around the New Business Plays to track the success of each play.
* Consult with the office s finance team to conduct an audit of office Salesforce Opportunity, Activity, and Contact data (including any missing Opportunities) and make all necessary corrections no later than the 25th of each month.
* Coordination with The ACSG Marketing Team and Aon Presentation Excellence ( APEx ) for prospect and client presentations, to include the request for proposal ( RFP ) work associated with the local office s clients and prospects.
* Partner with the Region Leader to provide input for regional sales meetings, including evaluation of individual and office performance to goal, evaluation of office sales and marketing statistics (e.g., prospecting Activity, wins and losses, deal size, and sales cycle in general and by product and industry, using Salesforce ), resource identification, and follow-up communication, including any resource documents.
Salesforce Management and Administration
* Ensure regions have updated their Salesforce data and assist with data entry as needed.
* Produce customized Salesforce sales, Activity, and benchmark reports and dashboards (e.g., office, market area, industry, etc.) for the Region Leader.
* Partner in Aon local office Strategic Account Review ( SARs ) and sales meetings and individual sales and EM pipeline reviews with live Salesforce access to enable fact checking and appropriate updates.
* Consult with the Region Leader with assigning/reassigning/clearing prospects for sales and EM s.
* Serve as the region Salesforce expert for support of Salesforce users, Salesforce training and licensing of new hires, and ongoing training of sales and EM s, as needed.
* Assist in Marketing/Sales-sponsored events, including event attendance and logistics preparation, as well as follow-up with attendees.
* Maintain a schedule of key industry events and previously-attended events.
* Participate in weekly regional team calls.
* Work with all sales colleagues to submit recent wins with through the Success Flash system; work with Marketing to develop wins into use for collateral and external materials.
* Participate in all national sales calls and webinars as ongoing education.
* Work with other business units, practice and industry groups to coordinate new business activities.
* Work with sales colleagues to produce post mortem win and loss reports.
* Work with sales colleagues to produce competitive analysis.
* Utilize all training and tools available to improve your performance in the NBA role, including, but not limited to, Aon University courses, internal and external webinars, reaching out to Industry & Practice groups, as well as external resources to increase your knowledge.
* Attend and participate in presentations to prospects and clients to begin developing sales and EM skills that allows the NBA to transition to a full-time role as a producer, account executive, EM or broker, or other role within Aon.
* Prior to transitioning to a full-time role within Aon, the NBA is required to train the new NBA with respect to all aspects of the NBA role so that the new NBA can properly support the Region Leader and sales teams accordingly. The experienced NBA is expected to complete the training period in 30 days. Such training is on the job and is in addition to the experienced NBA completing the requirements of the NBA role.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Passionate self-starter who can juggle multiple projects, follow-up and exhibit creative problem solving ultimately delivering projects and assignments on target and on time within a fast-paced environment.
* Strong ability to work closely with various cross functional groups, specifically with the Region Leader, Producers, AEs and EMs in the office, as well as with Industry/Practice Leaders.
* A creative thinker who brings innovative ideas, new perspectives and a wealth of enthusiasm.
* Ability to work as part of a team and/or alone to ensure deadlines and business expectations are met.
* Substantial drive to take ownership of work streams and turn them into feasible plans with achievable tasks.
* Ensure high levels of accuracy and attention to detail on all projects.
* Ability to gain a quick understanding of new processes and applications when required.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.