Account Executive/Broker I 5/22/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon Is Looking For an Account Executive/Broker I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Small & Medium Enterprise business group within Aon Risk Solutions, in New York City. As an Account Executive/Broker I, you will report directly to the Director, Small & Medium Enterprise team.
Your Impact as an Account Executive/Broker I
* An emerging leader who is responsible for the day-to-day account management and for broking (or supervising the brokerage of) at least 70% of the premium for her/ his Commercial Risk clients (defined as clients below $50,000 in ARS income or more; typically without a professional risk manager).
* Seeks to develop into Hybrid II or III roles; serves no more than 30% of time working as Account Specialist.
* Learning to build, expand, and solidify relationships with existing clients at senior levels within the company and to lead appropriate resources to address the client's risk/capital management needs and thereby retain and grow a profitable book of business.
* Through service, pricing, consultation and reporting, promotes the value Aon delivers to clients.
* Is responsible for commission management on brokered products, including utilization of the Commission Grid and other Aon broking levers.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 3-5 years experience with Broking or Underwriting, preferably within P&C. Experience with financial lines would be a plus.
* Experience working with commercial clients is preferable.
* Ability to build strong relationship with both internal and external clients.
* Manages input to and follow-up on invoicing and receivables process for assigned clients, ensuring timely collections.
* Ensures that account data supports the integrity of company accounting and tracking systems. Manages expenses.
* Ensures operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g., Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirements, Client Promise Methodology).
* Uses Aon tools and implements processes.
* Pro-actively develops knowledge of sister Aon companies and seeks to identify and develop relevant cross sales opportunities and Aon tools, such as RiskConsole and AonLine.
* Bachelor s degree required
* CPCU a plus
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.