FICO Business Analyst, Lead 5/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Gather business requirements and recommend solutions for SAP Financials initiatives. Responsible for configuration and deployment for ongoing Implementations and Continuous Improvement projects. This position involves 50% gathering and interpreting business requirements (working closely with accounting and cost teams) and 50% technical (configuration, writing functional specs, supporting testing, writing documentation, etc.). Responsible for supporting business users in implementations, new functionality, maintenance and upgrade of primarily Global SAP Financials, but not limited to.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serve as IT Lead Business Analyst focusing on SAP Global Financials for WC Bradley companies.
* Liaison between business users and development teams, by translating and clarifying business requirements into technical requirements needed by the development team.
* Provide IT & business expertise in eliciting and defining requirements, formulating process flows, configuring systems, testing, and training users in multiple applications. Interface with the functional areas to gather reporting and analytical requirements to create detailed documentation
* Work as a business partner with client users across Accounting, Tax & Finance business areas.
* Document the functional requirements & business case for all requested changes.
* Support QA and user testing of the changes to the Financials including user training, defect analysis, and identifying resolutions for defects.
* Perform functional testing on newly developed functionality
* Work closely with application development managers and integration resources to build integrated solutions
* Monitor production to identify candidates for long term application improvements
* Create documents including data samples, use case, key project assumptions, report samples, proposed ad hoc samples, data flows, logical data models and other details
* Partner with business users across teams to capture requirements, analyze and leverage delivered system features/functions and explore new technical functionality
* Develop and execute test cases, comprehensive test plans and perform unit testing with system developers to ensure overall functionality and technical quality of deliverables.
* Manage all phases of the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, deployment, development, testing and maintenance.
* Facilitate prioritization of projects and requirements among varied business interests; Prioritize requirements and manage expectations; Partner with business leads to review the functional requirements for projects and determine feasibility.
* Inspire and work closely with team members and foster a team environment
* Uses individual judgment to make recommendations for actions within established framework of the area or for changes to established methods.
* Will present on occasion, internal initiatives to large groups, IT Steering Committee, and/or Senior Management
* Conducts frequent client communication with purpose to gain consensus or compromise on problems. Builds relationships with client contacts.
* Serves as escalation point for assigned work area. Handles non-routine issues, without referral to management, with minimal input or recommendations.
* Understand company goals and objectives worldwide and analyze the needs of the environment to meet goals and objectives.
* Collaborates with management of other areas to set priorities for different work efforts. Ensure adherence to change management procedure.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field.
* Five (5) years of experience supporting an ERP solution from requirements gathering, validation and documentation to solution development life-cycle and implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong knowledge of accounting practices and integration. SAP FI and/or CO configuration experience.
* Working knowledge of SAP FI and CO master data in order to evaluate and analyze the impact of configuration or process changes across other SAP modules.
* Experience with SAP Simple Finance
* Strong business analyst skills.
* Experience with ECC 6.0, FICO, BPC, MM, SD, and QM integration knowledge.
* Global Financial experience preferred
* Minimum 2 full lifecycle implementations in Tier1 ERP (SAP Preferred) project
* Demonstrated business-relationship skills
* Experience in conducting workshops with business users, understanding the business and data issues and arriving at systems solutions.
* Experience creating systems documentation, including functional specifications, gap analysis, configuration, and test scripts
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts and issues with non-technical audiences verbally and in writing.
* Outstanding team-building and team-management skills along with a relentless focus on providing great customer service.
* Will have the ability to see the big picture and how the SAP system fits into the organization and provides true business value.
* Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively interface with business users.
* 3+ years experience in requirements gathering, validation, definition, and documentation
* 3+ years experience in defining, improving, and documenting business processes
* 3+ years experience in translating requirements into high quality functional specifications and design documents to drive development effort
5+ years experience in supporting ERP * Experienced in software development life cycle and IT Change Management processes.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users, IT staff and various levels of management
* Travel approx 40% (Domestic & International)
Normal office environment with limited domestic and international travel required.
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus GA
Job Segment: Business Analyst, ERP, SAP, Testing, QA, Finance, Technology, Quality