Customer Service Specialist I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/23/2018
END DATE 7/17/2018
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family US-KS-Overland Park
Aon is looking for a Customer Service Specialist I NFS
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our National Flood Service business group within Aon Affinity, in Overland Park, KS.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will report directly to the Customer Service Manager.
Your Impact as a Customer Service Specialist l
The majority of your day will be spent speaking to customers over the phone coupled with the processing and underwriting of flood insurance policies in a very fast-paced environment. Customer Service Specialist average 20-30 phone calls from individuals and insurance agents on a daily basis. A broad range of inquiries are handled, including payment processing, making changes to existing insurance policies, assisting with quotes for new policies, filing new claims, or obtaining information on existing claims, just to name a few.
* We strive to provide a remarkable customer experience one that is the standard by which others are measured. The expectations are high, but at the same time there is meaning in what our customer service representatives do every day to make a difference. You are expected to provide exceptional customer service on every call by accomplishing the following:
o Creating a great first impression with a smile in your voice
o Building rapport with customers delivering friendly and caring service
o Efficiently and effectively addressing the reason for the call
o Identifying opportunities to address additional needs and add value
* Some customers will contact you with concerns and frustration. You will use your skills and training to listen attentively, use empathy, defuse customer anger, and resolve the caller s concern. Although some calls will be challenging, this role at NFS provides you with the opportunity to make their day with each interaction.
* Attendance is very important in our environment. We are staffed based on the number of calls we expect to receive. When you miss time it causes extra work for your peers. It is very important that you are at work when scheduled.
* It is also very important that customer service representatives adhere to their schedule very closely so that customer calls are answered promptly meaning that they are available to answer calls during the time they are scheduled to be on the phone.
* Customer service specialists wear headsets and sit in a cubicle surrounded by fellow team members handling customer calls. Almost all of the work will be completed by using the phone system and a computer. You are expected to navigate between several different systems and screens while handling customer inquiries.
* You will be on a team of approximately 10-15 customer service specialists reporting to a supervisor. In addition to daily interaction with your supervisor, you will meet periodically to review performance. You supervisor will be close by and often will be available to answer questions and assist with issues as they come up.
* You will receive classroom and on-the-job training to prepare you for the level of calls that you will be answering. You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge by passing quizzes and tests during training.
Requirements & Education:
HS Diploma Required.
Strong communication skills both oral and in writing
Excel helpful & overall knowledge of computer programs
Attention to detail
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.