Senior Technical Lead 5/23/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon Is Looking For a Technical Lead
It s an exciting time to be at Aon! We are seeking a motivated and innovative Technical Lead to create solutions as part of our digital transformation and growth efforts. In this role, you will work on a variety of initiatives to ensure our platforms, applications, and services are designed and built in accordance with next generation standards and frameworks. This is a pivotal opportunity as we transform our enterprise to align with the demands of a digital ecosystem to meet business and consumer needs.
Your impact as a Technical Lead
* Help Implement future state application and platform roadmap
* Govern and manage code builds for Continuous Delivery and Project teams
* Develop and implement standards for code review, quality, storage, access and efficiency
* Develop and implement plan for DevOps process, adoption, flow and capabilities
* Provide initiative specific code solution options with supporting recommendations
* Ensure alignment of code designs with architecture roadmap
* Work in collaboration with solution architects, delivery managers, system analysts, and development teams on ideal solutions
* Build application packages, databases, front-ends and middleware to optimize implementations
* Support product, development and delivery teams on functional & technical code specifications
* Assist with technical design, build POCs and prototypes and guide the solution thru SDLC
* Full stack experience and expertise
* Provide subject matter expertise around technical applications and code base
* Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers.
* Provide solution specific expertise to support resolution of production support incidents, as required
* Travel up to 25% for in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate vision and opinions with diverse teams and communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way
* 5+ years of experience in all aspects of technical lead position
* 5+ years of direct senior developer and lead experience working with a variety of technology systems, code builds, and developing business applications
* 5+ years of experience with legacy platform implementations (e.g. AS400)
* 3+ years of experience with the cloud computing and both SaaS and PaaS applications
* 2+ years of experience with digital/enterprise transformations
* 5+ years of experience writing software in one or more languages
* Experience with SQL, NoSQL, RDDM
* Sound knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks
* Professional Developer Certification
* Experience in the insurance technology market
* Deep understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
* Expertise working closely with product and delivery organizations and related technical fields.
* PCF, Mulesoft, Azure, AWS experience
* Located in Chicago, Philadelphia or Minneapolis
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.