Claims Specialist II 5/24/2018
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-KS-Overland Park
Aon is looking for a Claims Specialist ll. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our National Flood Services Claims business group in Overland Park, KS.
Investigates and resolves personal and commercial flood damage claims from an inside position in our Overland Park, Kansas office. Collaborates with independent field adjusters and our customers to quickly and professionally restore lives and businesses after a flood.
Responsible for managing a claims inventory and handling claims within the prescribed authority and adhering to best claims handling and estimating practices.
* Utilize professional communication in all interpersonal interactions with internal and external customers. Promptly and effectively handle assigned claims with the appropriate supervision and within the assigned authority levels.
* Determine proper policy coverages and apply best claims handling and estimating practices.
* Maintain appropriate financial reserves and evaluate and settle claims in a timely and accurate manner.
* Utilize Xactware suite of tools and all other available resources to assist customers with building and contents claims.
* Own the customer claims experience and maintain regular contact with customers throughout the claims process.
* Identify opportunities for subrogation and salvage and facilitate the appropriate steps for recovery.
* Work with other teams as necessary to ensure relevant information is shared as required and the appropriate actions are taken to meet customers needs and expectations.
* Be willing and available to assist as needed with catastrophe (CAT) duty
* H.S. Degree required and/or Bachelor s degree a plus - Will consider recent college grad.
* Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
* Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to work on a team
* Commitment to continuous improvement
* Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills
* Able to adhere to high standards of professional conduct consistent with the delivery of superior service
* Ability to obtain proper adjuster licensing as required
* Minimal travel
* Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service
* A working knowledge of property or flood claim handling procedures and operationsdesired
* Demonstrated understanding of building construction principles desired
* Effective negotiation skills
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.