UAS Operator 2 (Remote Capable) 5/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do. Job Description
Operates Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) within limited mission profiles. Assists with preflight planning to include mission briefings weather forecasts, Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs), Special Instructions (SPINs) and airspace requirements. Executes mission and assists with the delivery of full motion video and payload data. Completes post-mission reports/logs.
Performs limited UAS and ground support equipment troubleshooting and maintenance. Documents maintenance actions. Assists with inventory of UAS spares/components and reports cycle counts. May assist with demonstration flights.
* Has substantial and thorough understanding of the job.
* Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity by following established practices and procedures.
* Receives general supervision with basic instructions for routine work and detailed instructions for new lines of work or special assignments. Performs routine or standardized work, choosing from a variety of well-established options. Work is reviewed for soundness and overall adequacy and accuracy.
* Errors may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction
* Interacts primarily with organization personnel and customers to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
* 1+ years of prior deployed experience with UAV or manned aircraft flight operations in land and/or maritime environments.
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance.
* Military/Civilian aviation experience, including FAA private/commercial pilot or A&P certifications.
* Current FAA class II medical certificate.
* Ability to pass a Company background investigation.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strong customer service background.
* Ability to pass rigorous Medical / Dental / Psychological pre-deployment screening per customer requirements.
* Ability to lift and carry 80 lbs unassisted for short distances.
* Ability to work in small, cramped spaces.
* Ability to ascent/descend stairs, ladders and ramps while carrying up to 40 lbs.
* Ability to bend and /or twist legs, arms and body within normal range of motion.
* Ability to stand and walk without rest for at least two hours.
* Ability to perform required job duties outdoors in conditions that may include extreme high and low temperatures, rain, snow, and high winds.
* Prior leadership/management experience.
* DoD Secret security clearance with a current background investigation.
* Additional foreign language fluency (e.g. Spanish, Arabic, Polish).
* Experience operating and/or maintaining the ScanEagle UAS.
* Experience delivering systems training.
* A high-degree of computer literacy: prior experience with software/hardware installation, knowledge of computer networking to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, and fiber optics.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
* 1 or more years of related experience
* Associates degree in a related discipline
* Previous military qualification as a UAV Operator (i.e. Scan Eagle, RQ-21A, Shadow, Hunter Predator, or military aircrew i.e pilot, navigator, weapons systems office, weapons controller, flight engineer)
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans..
Additional Benefits9/80 work week (we close every other Friday)
Vancouver-->Bingen-->Hood River wifi enabled commuter bus
Dog friendly workplace -->