Director of Medical Communications and Publications 5/25/2018
Akili Interactive Labs
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The job
Akili seeks an entrepreneurial team member to be a key member of our market development effort as we further our products toward market and execute the launch of the company s flagship product the first digital medicine for ADHD. This unique opportunity is on the ground floor of not only a company s growth toward market, but development of a new paradigm in the management of ADHD in children.
You must have a successful track record of innovation and creative solutions for new product market development in new markets.
You will (initially) work directly with the Chief Commercial Officer and in close collaboration with the Director Marketing Strategy. Akili will recruit and hire a Medical Affairs leader and you will then report to Medical Affairs.
Here's what it entails
* Take a leading role in the development and implementation of a publication strategy and plan for AKL-T01, the lead product in development for the treatment of inattention and inhibitory control deficits in children diagnosed with ADHD. This includes peer reviewed articles for pivotal studies, abstracts and posters, review articles, symposia proceedings, etc
* Take a leading role in supporting market development initiatives for all Akili products in development
* Lead and provide input, guidance, feedback and support for the development of manuscripts, abstracts, etc and when necessary provide medical writing support
* Support KOL development initiatives and collaborate closely with the Senior Director Medical Science Liaison
* Develop scientific communications support materials and programs including advisory boards/panels, KOL speakers and slides, medical education programs, CME and professional advocacy initiatives
* Support the development of compliant educational and other scientific liaison materials
* Support marketing, market access and consumer advocacy initiatives and programs
Here's what you need
* Masters required, US trained MD, Pharm D or PhD in cognition/ADHD/CNS space is preferred
* 5+ years of experience in Medical Communications and Publications is required
* Medical knowledge in the following therapeutic areas: psychiatric disorders including ADHD, depression etc
* Familiarity with regulatory guidelines, and practices to assure compliance
* Industry experience preferably in psychiatric disorders
* A strong background in healthcare, and proven understanding of the foundational stakeholders of a successful healthcare business model (patients, providers, payers, etc.)
* History of solving problems while exhibiting superior judgement and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues
Akili - The company
Akili Interactive (www.akiliinteractive.com) is creating an entirely new class of medicine that combines rigorous scientific validation with engaging video game mechanics.
We are pioneering the field of digital therapeutics, creating, producing, and validating digital medicines designed to directly treat disease. Akili's flagship product, Project: EVO, is based on technology developed at UCSF that was featured as the cover article in Nature under the headline "Game Changer".
Akili was founded by leading neuroscientists and top-tier game design veterans to create gaming experiences that are designed to have measurable health impacts in multiple patient populations. Akili has partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies, and has received recent recognition in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Fast Company, and The Verge..
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Akili Interactive are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.