Cloud DevOps Engineer (AWS) - REMOTE 5/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Cloud Devops Engineer (AWS) will be a subject matter expert in all things related to the AWS public cloud platform. In this role, we expect that this person will perform both architectural design and implementation of custom solutions. They will also add features and functionality to our automated managed services platform. Our automated managed services platform consists of Lambda functions written in python and uses API gateway, cloudformation, and codepipeline.
They also will be responsible for understanding user requirements and work with the customer to ensure systems meet their documented needs. This person will serve as technical subject matter expert with clients, participating in meetings & calls to ensure customer needs are met. This person will also be adept at identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems. They are responsible for identifying trends, chronic problems, risks and root cause analysis as well as establishing plans for resolution of these issues.
The Cloud Devops Engineer (AWS) will provide guidance and technical leadership to less-experienced team members and may be asked to assemble and perform training sessions on an as needed basis. This person will also be asked to develop documentation on new or existing systems. They will participate in special projects as required.
* Heavy experience in design, implementation and migration to AWS.
* Experience with automation of manual processes or system administration tasks through code
* More than 3 years of Systems Administration Experience (preferably in an enterprise or service provider environment)
* Experience with AWS serverless application model (Lambda/Python, API Gateway, Angular frontend)
* Experience with AWS cloudformation, codepipeline, and codebuild
* Fundamental/academic programming capability in a high-level programming language such as Python, Java, C#, or other language
* 5-7 years of experience in a troubleshooting role
* A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc.
* Prior experience with VMware and/or other virtualization platforms
* Demonstrated proficiency in Linux and Windows
* Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, PowerShell, Perl or Ruby
* Deep understanding of scalable computing systems
* Ability to learn and communicate technical information
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology
* Handle Escalated customer facing issues as needed
* Take part in Operational & Strategic Projects
* Work with third party vendors as needed to resolve customer problems
* On Call rotation for relevant issues
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent at documentation
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills
* Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
* Other tasks as assigned
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.