Process Optimization Engineer (291761-836) 5/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Unimin Corporation, a member of the Sibelco Group, is North America's leading industrial mineral producer and a technology partner to a diverse customer base. Our silica, high purity quartz, feldspar, nepheline syenite, calcium carbonate, clay, kaolin, lime and limestone products are the fundamental building blocks of nearly every industrial and manufacturing process.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Unimin; but our real strength is our employees. Unimin employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers.
Unimin is looking for a dynamic Process Optimization Engineer who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Charlotte, NC location. As a Process Optimization Engineer, you will responsible for implementing and beginning the transformation to lean principals at a plant site and serve as Regional Change Agent for Bright Site Program.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Support the Bright Site Program (BSP) as directed, working with with plant staff in a leadership role to mentor, train, and ensure a successful outcome of the twelve-week BSP.
* Lead one of the workstreams (Productivity, Maintenance, and Energy) for the BSP in order to generate ideas from the shop floor employees to: eliminate waste, increase production, reduce operating costs or improve efficiency at the ground level.
* Responsible for leading the building of any workstream related business cases as they pertain to the BSP at the site for the twelve-week program. The business cases will clearly define the projects timeline, proper utilization of capital, including cost and benefit analysis.
* Develop and facilitate workshops with the hourly work force and supervisory staff for employee driven idea generation.
* Support the plant s compliance to lean manufacturing goals and objectives.
* Provide lean manufacturing training to hourly colleagues and supervisory staff.
* Provide leadership and co-ordinate teamwork between hourly colleagues and supervisory staff to accomplish goals.
* Facilitate the implementation and sustaining the Way of Working (WoW). Focus on Key Process Indicator development, Visual Performance Boards, 5S and Skill Training Matrix.
* Maintain liaison with individuals and groups within and outside of the Company with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the job function.
* Ensure all plant personnel receive thorough training on existing processes and are upgraded on new systems as required.
* Maintain technical skills by utilizing available training resources.
* Function in a professional manner and in accordance with departmental procedures.
* Provide periodic reports of activities to management.
* Continually evaluate personnel and work processes with continuous improvement as the objective. Identify novel concepts and approaches directed toward improving Operations optimization processes.
* Develop and maintain advanced skills in the use of personal computers to improve accuracy, productivity, and professionalism in all work products.
* Administer all Company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
* Ability to travel 50% of time.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* B.S. in Engineering
* Minimum 2-5 years professional experience in either Lean Manufacturing, and/or mining experience focused in Production, Maintenance, and Energy initiatives.
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Unimin, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we recognize this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States