Marketing Associate Director (OPSUMIT) 5/26/2018
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT THE COMPANY
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Marketing Associate Director (OPSUMIT).
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Marketing Associate Director (AD) will lead the development and execution of U.S. business strategies and marketing plans for the OPSUMIT brand within the PAH franchise. The AD will lead all HCP promotional efforts for OPSUMIT in the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) market. In this role, this person will be accountable for the development of innovative OPSUMIT HCP marketing strategies and tactics to help achieve short-term and long-term business objectives for the brand. In addition to managing the entire brand, strategy, field and tactical execution, this role will lead a multitude of key cross-brand franchise initiatives to engage with key stakeholders in the marketplace.
* Strategy & Execution: Lead the development & execution of U.S. business strategies & marketing plans to deliver NTS and market share commitments. Facilitate development and execution of positioning, branding, and messaging, in partnership with cross-functional colleagues and representatives from Actelions Global Strategic Marketing team.
* Health of the Business and Forecasting: Partner with the Analytics and Market Research teams to identify, analyze and report on key brand performance metrics, identifying insights and opportunities to maintain or grow volume.
* Promotional Innovation: Explore, sell-in, and execute innovative promotional materials that support brand performance. Partner with the Sales Training and Sales Management teams to create and implement customer experience solutions. Partner with Medical Education team to develop content for Speakers Bureau programs.
* Media Planning, PR & Promotional Support: Develop, execute, measure and optimize professional media, patient media, and PR programs. Effectively manage third-party agencies to accomplish tactical execution of core strategies.
* Franchise Engagement: Partner across the PAH franchise to ensure synergy of promotional efforts and investments across brands in the PAH portfolio. Partner with the other marketers in PAH to identify and leverage synergistic opportunities for the brand across franchises.
* Budget Management: Be accountable for directing, managing and monitoring spend within assigned budget.
* Cultural Contributions: Contribute to a culture of collaboration, trust, and personal development as part of the marketing team.
* Organizational Alignment: Drive cross-functional awareness, alignment and accountability to brand strategies and goals.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* B.A./B.S. with eight years Sales and/or Marketing or other business experience in the healthcare industry, equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered.
* MBA is preferred.
* Brand marketing and personal experience interacting with customers and Key Opinion Leaders on a clinical level is preferred.
* Experience in pharmaceutical services marketing.
* Experience in pharmaceutical sales highly preferred.
* Proven success working in complex specialty markets.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills.
* Visionary in nature and self-motivated, action-oriented.
* Strong leadership, collaboration and prioritization skills.
* Launch experience preferred.
* Proven vendor management experience working with ad agencies.
* Strong professional presence that will inspire other colleagues on the cross-functional team.
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement