Asset Management Analyst - (822)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/26/2018
END DATE 7/18/2018
Shorenstein Realty Services, L.P.
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Asset Management Analyst
City, State, Zip Code
San Francisco, CA 94104
Perform asset management related analysis with an emphasis on developing Argus models and property valuations for properties within the portfolio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform accurate and complete net present value analysis for properties within the portfolio within established timeframes.
* Thoroughly analyze the impact of lease transactions to property value and yield within established timeframes.
* Thoroughly analyze the impact of capital projects to property value and yield within established timeframes.
* Accurately and thoroughly review assigned sections of the monthly MAP report to ensure assumptions and forecast are consistent with the investment strategy for the asset within established timeframes, ensuring timely deliverables for property distributions and contributions.
* Accurately and completely update property valuations and investment strategies as required within established timeframes.
* Develop and produce accurate and complete required reporting to lenders, partners, and Shorenstein senior management within established timeframes.
* With Capital Transactions, accurately and thoroughly complete transition-related tasks including but not limited to developing budgets, reviewing leases, reviewing offering memorandum, responding to lenders to resolve underwriting questions, reviewing loan documents, and running models to show budget implications within established timeframes.
* Assist in the review of the annual operating budget to confirm consistency with property strategies.
* Evaluate sustainability risks and opportunities, including building ratings such as ENERGY STAR/LEED, for assets under management. Ensure assets are managed in a manner consistent with market leading sustainability practices when practicable.
* Participate in special projects as assigned completing high quality deliverables within established timeframes.
* Working with Property Management, coordinate and oversee the preparation of lender draw requests and present to Asset Manager for approval.
* Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by:
* Building positive relationships with customers.
* Taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
* Communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email.
* Resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
* General knowledge of commercial and multifamily real estate valuation as evidenced by a minimum of 1 year of experience in a related function.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus financial modeling software program.
* Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modeling techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of information including information in technical and/ or mathematical form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Demonstrated ability to read, to analyze, and interpret complex documents.
* Demonstrated ability to find, access, evaluate and use information.
* Demonstrated ability to provide analyses supported by numbers and facts.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion within agreed upon deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests.
* Demonstrated ability to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
* Demonstrated ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability to effectively share information to keep others informed both within and outside the department using appropriate communication methods.
* Demonstrated ability to express opinions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with other departments to ensure a high quality work product.
* Demonstrated ability to choose among alternatives when completing work. Work is periodically reviewed by management at key intervals for advice/guidance prior to completion.
* Bachelor s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Finance or related field from a four-year college or university.
* Minimum 1 year of experience in real estate valuation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee works in an office environment.
* Travel may be required up to 15% of time on the job.
Shorenstein is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Shorenstein is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.