Project Controls Analyst 5/30/2018
Foth & Van Dyke
De Pere, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients.
FOTH PRODUCTION SOLUTIONS, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented PROJECT CONTROLS ANALYST who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients success. This position will be working out of our GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN location.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single-discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never waivers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
* Provide schedule coordination with project management, engineering, procurement, and construction disciplines, as well as with external clients. Linkage to engineering, OEM, supplier schedules currently being done in MS Project; future state could be Primavera or SureTrak
* Use resource-loaded schedule for staffing forecasting; output to the Resource Center Manager (RCM) team
* Provide critical path analysis, identify problem areas, and create work-around solutions
* Create and maintain project cost report, inclusive of ETC information
* Establish project budgets from proposal estimate, track committed costs, and forecast remaining costs for engineering, equipment procurement, and construction subcontracts
* Develop and maintain project cash flow; coordination with Business Unit (BU) business manager
* Prepare and submit monthly reports for internal (business management, BU Leader, Project Managers) and external clients
* Advise team on matters affecting project success, schedule, and/or cost impacts and develop project recovery plans, if needed
* Active involvement in project and/or team-based meetings
* Identify out of scope work items and create change order requests to be presented to client, including estimated cost and schedule impacts
* Prepare variance analysis and recovery plans for review and prepare Earned Value Management (EVM) performance reports and analysis
* Establish procedures to analyze, monitor, and report on project cost information, expenditures-to-date, cost forecasting, and risk analysis
* Work with Project Managers and Project Engineers to validate recovery plan and provide feedback, as necessary
* Evaluate proposed percentages of completion for activities
* Prepare periodic and special reports for active projects to show current status and baseline versus planned data
* Lead by example, demonstrate confidence, enthusiasm, innovation, maturity, and sound judgment through providing advice to the project team in areas of expertise
* Share knowledge with other leaders across business to benchmark, identify, and implement innovation opportunities in project controls
* Ability to work in a variety of manufacturing and construction environments
All Foth members are expected to:
* Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives (up to 25%)
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
* Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
* Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Interact with clients on a regular basis
* Bachelor s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
* 3+ years of professional experience in the Project Controls or Project Planning & Controls role
* Experience with the following:
* Projects over $5M
* Scheduling, word processing, spread sheets, and inventory and internet software
* Experience with:
* Primavera and/or MS Project scheduling software
* Success or Timberline estimating software
* Acumen Fuse software
* Multiple ERP systems including Deltek Vision
* PMP and/or ACCE certifications
Foth offers a Professional Career Development Program, an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!
Our culture is described as follows:
VALUES-BASED: Our One Foth culture is grounded in and reflects our values.
CLIENT-CENTERED: We show our clients by our actions that we care as much about their needs as they do.
MEMBER-OWNED: We have always been member-owned and we expect to always be
INFLUENTIAL: Leadership is established through a member s ability to influence and create followship with other members.
INCLUSIVE: We think and behave inclusively. We are stronger together.
CONTINUOUSLY LEARNING: We invest in our members growth through professional career development.
INNOVATIVE: We are entrepreneurial and innovative in what we do and in how we get it done.
CARING: We genuinely care for our clients, our members, and our communities.
RELATIONSHIP-BUILDING: We show our commitment to building and maintaining world-class relationships.
COLLABORATIVE: We collaborate effectively. We celebrate our achievements as a team!
RESULTS-FOCUSED: Our performance-based culture rewards and recognizes extraordinary contributions of teams and individuals.
FLEXIBLE: Foth s culture allows our members to maintain a positive work-life balance while meeting commitments to our clients and team members.
SAFETY-MINDED: We believe that no job is so important and no work is so urgent that we cannot take time to perform our work safely.
QUALITY-ORIENTED: Our members deliver work products that meet or exceed expectations.
TRANSPARENT: We are open and honest with our communications.
PROCESS-DRIVEN: We follow the process or cause it to be changed in a proactive and constructive manner.
STRATEGIC: We are deliberate in how we set direction and make decisions; we think and act with the end in mind.
ETHICAL: We do the right thing at all times.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free