Senior Full Stack Developer 5/30/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Full-stack Application Developer
Situated inside a large multinational corporation is a startup helping the world s largest companies understand and shape their workforce. This team of twenty is building a human capital measurement platform that is changing the Talent landscape. They operate in an agile framework that is self-organizing and self-directing. The platform is evolving into a series of small services woven together into our Talent Web Services Platform. Deployments are automated, infrastructure is immutable, and all of it is coded to deploy to series of global data centers.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Consulting business group within Aon in Manhattan, NY or Minneapolis, MN.
Your Impact As A Senior Full-stack Application Developer
* Develop components of new applications using modern technologies.
* Write tests according to a given test plan.
* Identify and escalate problems.
* Maintain and repair existing applications.
* Develop web interfaces using modern tool sets for various form factors.
* Support UAT activity in conjunction with test team.
* Assist in deploying systems to our cloud infrastructure.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
We require a web development expert, but also recognize the pace technologies are evolving. We prefer someone who wants to continue learning and growing with us. At the core, need to be able to understand business needs, and turn that into a modern, eloquent, and functional web site.
* 3+ years of Web Application Development experience.
* Expert at creating Front-End Single Page Applications.
* Proficiency with MVC / MVVM Programming Pattern.
* Previous experience with Scalable Systems.
* Advanced level knowledge of .NET Framework, CLR, and C#.
* Advanced level relational database knowledge database design, DRI, the intricacies of SQL, query tuning, index optimization, and database design (normalization required, dimensional modeling a plus).
* Advanced level knowledge in Microsoft web development stack: WebAPI, MVC, ASP.NET.
* Strong Proficiency in the constellation of technologies that make sites work like: SaSS/Less, Webpack/GruntJS, TypeScript, Modernizr, polyfills, NuGet/npm.
* Understand and ability to use distributed caching.
* Use of Parallel Programming methods
* Experience with delivering software unit testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
* Strong proficiency in software design SoA, Dependency Injection, and Design Patterns generally, API design (both RESTful and RPC).
* Understanding of the protocols and network that underpin the web : HTTP, DNS, IP, Load balancing.
* BI knowledge a plus, from Dimensional modeling, SSAS, MDX, and the cold hard realities of ETL.
* Proficiency with Flux programming pattern
* Previous experience working in an Agile environment.
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent years of industry experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.