JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for supporting company delivery (OTIF) and inventory (Turns) objectives through:
* Timely procurement of raw materials & subcontract services
* Timely job scheduling and release that support production capacity constraints and customer delivery expectations
* Regular monitoring of open order status to identify potential delivery risks and recommend countermeasures
Essential Job Functions
* Monitors short and long term material requirements needs, develops and implements effective plans to assure material availability using Vantage to manage and action daily ERP messages
* Controls the flow of material from the supplier and on the production floor.
* Manages non-conforming material (return material identify replacement, cost of quality etc.)
* Immediately communicates product revision changes to supplier.
* Responsible for making 'what, when and how much' decisions regarding material procurement and production.
* Monitors vendor on time delivery performance and escalates as necessary to commodity manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
* Monitors supplier shortages, shortage analysis and communication to appropriate team(s) as necessary
* Monitors vendor quality levels and escalates as necessary to commodity manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
* Initiates actions as necessary for the participation of Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to resolve day to day vendor concerns.
* Actively maintains inventories at minimal levels
* Engages with supervisors & managers in decreasing or adjusting stock quantities as appropriate.
* Handles daily expediting to ensure high service levels to our customers
* Takes a proactive role in continuous improvement of the ERP System
* Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
* Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
* Highly organized-demonstrates strong organizational and ERP planning skills.
* 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a materials role.
* Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning and Supply Chain techniques.
* Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office
* Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
* Minimum High School Graduate
* Preferred Associates Degree with focus in Business disciplines
* Highly desired 4 year degree in Technical, Operations or Supply Chain Management
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.