Landscape Architect 5/30/2018
McClure Engineering Company
North Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Landscape Architect
* Share our commitment to thoughtful, innovative design solutions appropriate to the project site and to the associated architecture.
* Eager to assist our team in the development of all phases of projects from conceptual design though construction
* Design and prepare landscape and development plans for planning approvals on a variety of project types.
* Assistance in the development of character images to illustrate design intent
* Materials research
* Production of design development drawings and construction documents, including technical details while working with other members of the Landscape Architecture team.
* Assist with the preparation of construction documents, including technical details.
* Assist with specification preparation and cost estimating.
* Able to communicate design intent clearly through a variety of media, including hand sketching, CAD (Civil 3D preferred), Land F/X (experience preferred but can be taught), Sketch-Up, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to assist with presenting to large or small groups; communicating design concepts and interactions with clients.
* Licensure preferred (or the ability to earn within 12-24 months)
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE Requirements:
* Bachelor s or Master s degree in Landscape Architecture
* Ability to earn licensure in 12-24 months.
* Ability to take direction, self-direct work and self-edit work
* 3-7 years of relevant experience in landscape architectural design
* Knowledge of plan set development while working with a multi-discipline team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Irrigation design experience preferred but not required.
* Strong organizational, time and resource-management skills.