Web Application Architect 5/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MN-Bloomington
Aon is looking for a Web Application Architect
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Enterprise Application Architecture organization within Risk Business Technology (RBT) in our Bloomington, Minnesota office.
It s an exciting time to be at Aon! We are seeking a motivated and innovative Web Application Architect who partners with the project manager and business analyst assigned to the project to ensure what is being developed conforms to enterprise goals and standards or the organization.
Your impact as a Web Application Architect
* Provides coaching and mentoring to team members.
* Identifies and promotes appropriate training opportunities.
* Assigns project development tasks to the development team members.
* Assists project manager with agile iteration planning and release management.
* Facilitates formal code reviews to ensure standards are being met and fewer defects are introduced prior to formal testing.
* Works with the project manager to identify risks and offer solutions on how to mitigate them.
* Resolves design disputes among development team members.
Live our Values
* Creates, maintains and publishes system level software diagrams.(Layered View, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams)
* Consults with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure standards are met and solutions conform to goals of the enterprise.
* Coordinates daily triage of all projects defects and works with the business analyst and product manager to determine criticality. Assigns tasks to resolve defects and works to ensure all defects are resolved with 1 -2 iterations of being discovered.
* Ensures that solutions are easy to test, developers are writing unit tests, and that most functions can be tested through automated processes.
* Ensure that solutions are secure in authentication and authorization of tasks and data visibility.
* Designs solutions to be free of maintenance type DMRs through built-in self-server or admin type functionality.
Deliver Distinctive Client Value
* Proactively monitors performance of the solution to end users as well as client and server resource utilizations to ensure efficient processing and addresses issues immediately.
* Ensures that the solution is easy to use; allows users to recover from mistakes, favors recognition over recall, provides users with immediate feedback for every input, information and error dialogs are easy to understand and in the user s domain language.
* Be an advocate for architecture, the process we are using to implement it, and the goals of the IT organization and help sell this is the business when they lose sight.
* Promotes early and often user feedback through frequent releases, prototypes and having something new to show business every day.
* Solicit feedback from subject matter experts, functional team members, and management to ensure needs are being met.
* Monitors and tests deliverables to ensure functional requirements are being met.
Deliver Business Results
Maintains a split of 50% of his time to Architecture / Dev Lead tasks and 50% development tasks.
* Designs the application to be easy to modify and very extensible without sacrificing too much performance.
* Ensures user experience is identical as possible across browsers and mobile devices.
* Minimizes dependencies on specific versions of OS and SQL to maintain an easy upgrade path.
* Design solutions according to SOLID principles.
* Designs solutions so that failed processes can be rerun without risk of duplication.
* Designs solutions so that a single transaction does not block other transactions from processing.
* Designs solutions so that there are no single points of failure and there is active fail-over in place.
* Designs solutions that do not require routine nightly downtime.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Strong, proven experience building portals
* Strong experience with website traffic
* 8+ years of experience in .NET (C#) including Visual Studio 2015+ or Visual Studio Code
* 8+ years of experience in Unit Testing C# Moq or MSTest a bonus
* 8+ years of experience in Version Control including TFS or VSTS Git with TFS a bonus
* 8+ years of experience in RESTful API design
* 8+ years of experience designing Queues and MicroServices
* 8+ years of experience with OOP CSLA a bonus
* 8+ years of experience with Dependency Injection, and IoC - Autofac, or Castle Windsor a bonus
* Solid understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, and JSON
* 5 or more years of experience in XAML or Xamarin Caliburn Micro a bonus
* Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and commitment to quality
* Ability to perform under pressure and deadlines
* Professionalism and the ability to use discretion when discussing confidential projects
* Experience in the insurance technology market
* Deep understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
* Expertise working closely with product and delivery organizations and related technical fields.
* PCF, Mulesoft, Azure, AWS experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.