Plant Manager - DeKalb 5/31/2018
CST Industries Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
SUMMARY: Position is responsible for all operations of manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Continuously improve safety culture through a proactive approach in a facility where safety is the number one priority.
* Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
* Lead a team that operates in a continuous improvement environment to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
* Meet business objectives and production schedules while insuring product standards will exceed our customer expectations and ISO 9001 guidelines.
* Implement strategies and action plans to meet CST strategic initiatives.
* Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
* Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes. Schedule stability that allows maximum return on efficiencies.
* Build a solid team with group and individual accountabilities. Encourage use of new techniques and fact-based problem solving.
* Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production management concepts, including lean/six sigma.
* Collect, interpret and report monthly performance data generated from all sources.
* Supervise the activities of 5+ direct reports
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree in business preferred, MBA degree is a plus.
* A minimum of five years of experience as a plant manager in an engineered to-order metal fabrication environment that involves heavy dependence on custom-engineered specifications on a unique project-by-project basis is required..
* Technical engineering knowledge will be critical for success-welding, machining and metal fabrication.
* Proven history of success in leading a union workforce, including acting with diplomacy with union officials
* Knowledge and experience in implementing process improvement, lean/six sigma manufacturing philosophies- a proponent of progressive manufacturing and management techniques.
* Demonstrated background with high value safety and quality initiatives.
* Superior supervisory skills, including documented history of positive employee relations successes combined with an ability to interact in a positive manner with the production workforce and with all levels of management- overseeing a department of similar size and complexity.
* Fiscally astute, with past accomplishments displaying a proven ability to function analytically as related to bottom-line profitability, cost effectiveness and efficiencies.
* A proven track record in developing and implementing best practices in a high quality, world class manufacturing environment is highly desirable. Confirmed understanding of computerized production information systems.
Refer to a Friend