Planning & Development Manager 5/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EDENS, a national leading retail real estate developer, is looking for a Planning and Development Manager to join our Construction team in Washington, D.C. This Candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team, managing and coordinating consultant work on a variety of developments and redevelopments.
* Key role in coordinating delivery of new retail development projects and redevelopment projects, including both urban mixed-use and community shopping centers.
* Direct consultant teams to document buildings and other improvements. Coordinate between architectural and owner consultants.
* Secure approvals from local jurisdictions, including building permits and site permits.
* Coordinate base building work with anchor tenant requirements.
* Work with Leasing team to create various exhibits such as merchandizing plans, LODs and lease exhibits.
* Assist with project scheduling, budgeting and construction administration.
* Strong interest in creating retail-driven placemaking through mixed-use development and the transformation of shopping centers.
* Strong background in project management and retail project delivery.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish relationships with diverse levels and working styles throughout the company.
* Clear and concise written, verbal and graphic presentation skills
* Proficient in AutoCad, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Office.
* Professional Degree in Architecture
* LEED Accreditation Preferred
* At least 6 years of experience in commercial architecture and / or urban design
EDENS is a retail real estate owner, operator and developer of a nationally leading portfolio of 120 places. Our sole purpose is to enrich community through human engagement. We design our places to achieve 3.5 trips per week and 5 hours of dwell time. We know that when people come together, they feel a part of something bigger than themselves and prosperity follows - economically, socially, culturally and soulfully. Our work is bigger than real estate; we are in the business of humanity.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.