Test Technician - Columbus, Georgia 5/31/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
R&D and Product Support testing and lab equipment support and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conducts standardized product specification tests and developmental tests on prototype, production and competitive products and components. Documents results with technical reports and keeps test sponsors continually updated.
* Consults with Research Engineers, Development Engineers, and Product Managers about appropriate specific and unique test design for products and components and carries out such tests as required.
* Maintains and supports all lab equipment including data acquisition system, gas calorimeter, thermal measurement equipment, gas and liquid flow and pressure measuring equipment, salt fog, combined corrosion cycle and QUV testing equipment.
* Develops procedures for use of lab equipment and provides training for us of equipment by development and research engineers.
* Supports and advises Director of Research and Development in specification, acquisition, and installation of test and evaluation equipment.
* Plays primary role in facilitating shipment of products and components to and from the R and D lab.
* Administers contact, contracts, and activity with outside labs used for supplemental testing.
* Maintains lab test supply inventory (tools, wire, TCs, thermal tape, etc)
* Maintains lab equipment calibration database in electronic and hard copy file formats
* Directly provides test support and services for other WC Bradley companies, specifically Lamplight
* Two (2) year associate degree in technical field or equivalent industrial experience
* Two (2) years of related testing experience.
License / Certification(s):
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Thorough familiarity with basic electrical and thermal measuring techniques including thermocouples is required
* Thorough familiarity with PC spreadsheet and office software is required
* Working knowledge with PC based data acquisition systems is required
* Familiarity with environmental testing equipment is desirable
* Working knowledge of basic metal fabrication techniques and equipment is desirable
* Familiarity with CNC controlled fabrication equipment is a plus
Normal office and lab environment with limited domestic and international travel required.
For employment within the United States, the W.C. Bradley Co. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The W.C. Bradley Co. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with the W.C. Bradley Co. and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 706.571.6080 or visit us at 1017 Front Avenue, Columbus, GA 31902.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus GA
Job Segment: Technician, Gas, Gas Technician, Maintenance, Electrical, Technology, Energy, Manufacturing, Engineering