Project Engineer (Washington, D.C.) 6/1/2018
Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Project Engineer (Washington, D.C.)
Regular Full Time
Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice* Consigli Construction Co., Inc. (Consigli) is a fourth generation, family owned company, and we are hiring!
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe, the Boston Business Journal, the Hartford Business Journal, and MaineBiz, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and thinking great for our continual growth and success. Most importantly, we are thankful for our employees and are proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Reports to: Project Executive
Coordinate all shop drawings, processing submittals, and gathering and distributing information. This position will report to and support the Project Manager in overall project coordination. The right candidate for this position must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The project engineer is responsiblefor the control the project document and procurement process with daily, weekly and monthly project activities consisting of, but not limited to, the following:
* RFIs, submittals, document control and as-built upkeep;
* Attend and participate in pre-op, subcontractor, owner and Consigli team meetings;
* Manage and maintain material delivery logs;
* Manage the closeout process;
* Complete job-site punch lists, work with owner manuals and warranties;
* Performs schedule updates with input from project team;
* Manage the job specific quality program;
* Prepare weekly update reports with assistance from APM/PM;
* Strong written and oral communication skills;
* Strong initiative;
* Ability to problem solve;
This position is not responsible for oversight or performance management of any employees.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 pm. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, driving to job site, with occasional out of state and overnight travel. Less than 20% travel time expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
* A bachelor s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years experience within the construction industry;
* Proficient in Timberline project management software;
* Microsoft Office;
* Basic understanding of scheduling software;
* Basic understanding of scheduling principles and logic;
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.