Power Distribution and Electrician Journeyperson 6/1/2018
Hemlock Semiconductor Operations LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description/Requirements
The HSC Power Distribution and Electrician is responsible for providing safe, timely, reliable, and cost effective maintenance service of troubleshooting, calibration, testing, installation and repair of electrical and power distribution equipment.
HSC Power Distribution and Electrician will be accountable for:
* Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams, and process related drawings to install, repair, calibrate, and service or replace electrical, electronic, or mechanical devices within the various process electrical systems in use.
* Execution of maintenance with optimal efficiency, quality, and safety; following all applicable procedures, SSGs and regulatory codes (NEC, NFPA etc.).
* Complete technical findings, documentation of repairs and elevate abnormal conditions.
* Maintain functional and technical expertise at a high skill level in State Journeyman/Apprenticeship programs
* Work with engineering, operations, manufacturers/vendor and work coordinators to evaluate, check, and install equipment.
Applicants must have a State of Michigan Electrical License.
Desired qualification include experience with 120 volt, 480 volt, 2400 volt, 4160 volt, 5200 volt, 13.8KV, 34.5KV, and 138KV power circuits. Basic knowledge of Power Distribution/Electrical/PLC operations. Associates degree in Electrical Technology or equivalent. Experience in Petro/Chem plant environment.
Requires varying degree of working to precision tolerances where amount of damage can be considerable. High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others and prevent process upsets.
Must be flexible and results driven. Background in SAP Maintenance module is beneficial.
We offer a competitive compensation based on skill and experience as well as a flexible benefits package.
Education must be from an accredited institution or global university equivalent.
Hemlock Semiconductor is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.