Center of Excellence Business Planning Manager 6/2/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Center of Excellence (CoE) Business Planning Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Health and Retirement, in Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL or Alpharetta, GA or The Woodlands, TX or Garden City, NY or Fort Washington, PA. As a CoE Business Planning Manager, you will report directly to the CoE Contact Center Leader. This person should be eager and willing to travel 20-30%.
Be an integral part of our new CoE Contact Center partnering with the senior leadership teams utilizing Program Management skills to transition activities to new CoE. Discover ongoing efficiencies as you own and manage all business SOPs and CoE strategic planning execution, including annual CoE budgeting process. You will be coordinating weekly CoE leadership team meetings and driving performance of key action items for those meetings. You will be supporting the Contact Center Leader to prepare for executive-level updates, external audience presentations as well as managing communications going out to leadership and colleagues. It's an exciting time to be at Aon, come build our new CoE with us!
Your impact as a CoE Business Planning Manager
The primary accountabilities of this role Include:
* Coordination and program management of the overall transitional activities required to stand-up the Contact Center CoE.
* Ongoing coordination and execution of CoE governance routines including strategic planning activities, ensuring alignment across the CoE functions ongoing.
* Flexibility to develop and deliver ad hoc projects and time-sensitive tasks as directed by the CoE Leader.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
* Own and manage all business SOPs, including coordination of regular SOP reviews for accuracy, ensuring they reflect current practices. Serve as point of contact for any internal audit efforts, as needed.
* Maintain CoE design and business case documents and update those as needed. Assemble metrics to validate business plan goals are being met.
* Manage CoE organizational changes, including developing and leading implementation project plans and any subsequent organizational design or operation modeling efforts. This includes oversight of third-party consultants, if applicable.
* Management of CoE strategic planning and execution, including annual CoE budgeting process.
* Act as a liaison to HR for all people related initiatives, including annual performance cycle activities and talent reviews.
* Manage CoE internal communication strategy and plan; develop communication calendar and templates; coordinate with LT to compile content and ensure delivery of planned events and written communication.
* Coordinate weekly CoE leadership team meetings and drive performance of key action items from those meetings.
* Support the Contact Center leader to prepare for executive-level updates, external audience presentations, as well as other critical meetings and discussions.
Interdependencies & Coordination of this role are:
* Take primary direction from CoE leader, with secondary direction provided by CoE Relationship Managers.
* Leverage Relationship Managers to provide guidance and content for business communication of CoE activities and projects.
* Partner with the CoE leadership team to gather updates, drive progress on transition and stand-up related activities, including ongoing operational effectiveness activities.
* Expect to coordinate closely with Finance, HR and Communication resources on a regular basis.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* At least 8 years of diverse exposure to multiple industries with a consulting background.
* At least 5 years of experience with program management and executive level communications
* Financial analytical experience
* Ability to coordinate cross-functionally
* Experience bringing structure to ambiguous situations
* Experience managing multiple stakeholders, sometimes with conflicting interests
* Strong and dynamic presence in both leading and participating in internal meetings
* Superior written and oral communication skills
* Ability to travel 20-30%
* Some experience in Aon s core industries preferred (e.g., insurance, risk, health, retirement).
* BS/BA required, advanced degree a plus
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.