Account Specialist I 6/2/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-CT-Stamford
Aon is looking for an Account Specialist
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our US Retail business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Stamford, CT.
Your impact as an Account Specialist
* Maintain effective and productive relationships with clients.
* Gather and analyze data on exposures, loss history and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions with the Brokerage Unit. Perform submission assembly/creation where assigned.
* Manage client open items lists and respond to client ad-hoc requests.
* Gather and analyze data and drafts assigned elements of client service plans, stewardship reports and other convincing presentations tailored to the needs of the audience and the circumstances of the presentation.
* Actively support and monitor the renewal process. At the direction of the Broker, drafts quote comparisons and follow up for binders, policies and endorsements.
* Where applicable, serve as the primary interface with Aon Client Services (ACS), coordinating activities of the client service team and ACS to ensure that key processes assigned are performed effectively.
* Receive and manage routine and complex coverage inquiries and endorsement requests. Serve as a key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, WC posting notices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance, and policy transmittals.
* Understand and work in alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values.
* Ensure operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g., Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirements, Client Promise Methodology). Monitor and follow-up on invoice generation, fee agreements, AVX input, GRIP and GAMS data, receivables and collections. Address and resolve problems.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Relevant work or internship experience.
* Mature and professional demeanor.
* Involvement in extracurricular activities.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to cultivate relationships.
* Critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
* The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
* Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
* Bachelor s Degree required. Major in Business, Finance, Economics, or Risk Management preferred.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.