Security Engineer 6/2/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Security Engineer
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk, in Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL. As a Security Engineer, you will report directly to the Director of Security & Monitoring Engineering.
Come join our dynamic, globally collaborative and growing team. Learn new technologies and take on new projects to provide the strategy and direction of database security monitoring. We are also hunting cyber anomalies and providing ethical hackers a feed to find these.
Your impact as a Security Engineer
* Architect, build, maintain and support a database security monitoring platform IBM Guardium (including support outside of office hours)
* Deploy and support other security solutions across domestic and international data centers (including support outside of office hours)
* Work with various Aon teams in order to provide guidance and to make sure the best security practices are addressed.
* Work hand in hand with Enterprise Architecture as new technologies are deployed to ensure that security best practice is built into the fabric of the deployments.
* Coordinate various tasks with other teams related to department s initiatives/projects (e.g. infrastructure engineers, network engineers, DBA, compliance, architecture)
* Engage and work with vendors.
* Research and evaluate new capabilities in security monitoring area
* Run POC initiatives.
* Perform incident response for escalated security events including on-call support, issue triage and resolution
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5+ years of proven technical experience and expertise with security infrastructure architecture design, implementation, management and support for security solutions
* 2+ years of proven hands-on experience designing, implementing, supporting database security monitoring solution (IBM Guardium preferred)
* Knowledge of and hands on experience with SQL language
* Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, TCP/IP networking stack and regular expressions
* Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environment.
* Experience with change control processes
* Excellent communications skills, both written and oral are required
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Knowledge of GDPR requirements
* Experience with security monitoring in cloud environments
* Scripting Skills (e.g. python, json, bash)
* CISSP desired
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.