Web Engineer - Back End 6/2/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Fugue is a venture-backed software company developing an infrastructure-level operating system for cloud computing. Initially available on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fugue builds, optimizes, and enforces cloud infrastructure continuously and automatically. The company has raised a total of $75MM from investors including New Enterprise Associates, The Maryland Venture Fund, and Core Capital Partners. With offices in Frederick, MD, Washington, DC, and San Jose, CA, Fugue is rapidly expanding its talented, high performing team. We are looking for an accomplished web engineer to join us in our Washington DC or Frederick, MD offices. We also offer generous opportunities to work remotely.
The web engineering team works on the core Fugue product. Our web applications provide an interface for users to manage and secure their cloud infrastructure with Fugue. On the front end, we use React, Mobx, and Webpack, and we embrace the latest and greatest in web technology (ES6, decorators). On the back end, we use Swagger/OpenAPI to build APIs using Node.js, Docker, and cloud-native AWS services (Aurora, Fargate, DynamoDB).
AS A FUGUE WEB ENGINEER - BACK END YOU WILL
* Design, implement, and maintain APIs to power Fugue s web interface and customer integrations
* Create tools and processes to automate testing and build workflows
* Gain experience using the Fugue product to automate AWS infrastructure provisioning and deployment
* Collaborate with engineers across the company through pull requests and code reviews
* Maintain production systems and investigate any issues that might occur
* Continuously learn and adopt cutting-edge web technologies
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
* Experience building reliable, scalable production systems
* Experience with AWS or another cloud computing platform
* Experience with CI/CD systems
* Experience with Node.js
* Experience writing ES6
* Strong understanding of security concerns and how to address them
WHO ARE WE*
Fugue is leading the next stage in the development of Cloud Computing. While the cloud liberated us from the burdens of physical IT infrastructure, it introduced new challenges as applications became distributed and infrastructure proliferated. Fugue reigns in this complexity and simplifies operations, allowing our customers to take control of their cloud infrastructure, move fast, and save money!
We offer competitive compensation, time off, strong work-life balance and amazing startup culture. Come join some of the brightest minds in technology today, and help us change the face of cloud computing!
At Fugue we believe that the only way to build a successful company is by building a diverse team of talented, smart individuals. We know that humans are better together than alone. Whether or not the government provides protection, we do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. Here s the standard EEO statement - know that we believe in it even more than is required!
Fugue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Fugue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.