CNC Setter Operator USA 6/2/2018
Spirax Sarco Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
CNC setter operator for specified CNC machines. Operates computer numerical control (CNC) machines to meet the target efficiency levels required within the section.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
These essential functions indicate the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. They are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
* Sets up, changes over, loads parts, and operates specified CNC machines to required standards. Completes tasks as directed by operating schedules.
* Recognizes and contributes to productivity improvements.
* Reports questionable conditions to appropriate staff.
* Accountable and responsible for all safety and environmental compliance as it relates to the position. Demonstrates knowledge of general safety, security, and environmental regulations. Adheres to 6S objectives.
Education / Experience / Skills
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* At least 2-3 years of CNC setter operator machining experience.
* Ability to calculate figures and dimensions.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to read and interpret dimensions on blueprints and diagrams.
* Successfully completed a minimum of six months working experience as a CNC Setter Operator Trainee (8) or equivalent experience.
Certifications Preferred / Required
Strongly prefer technical training in an accredited CNC operator training course.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran