Manufacturing Team Leader USA 6/2/2018
Spirax Sarco Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Fosters organizational excellence and continuous improvement efforts in a safety first, just in-time manufacturing environment. Leads a collaborative culture within the manufacturing team to support organizational excellence goals and deliver strategic initiatives to delight all key stakeholders. Empowers the manufacturing team to foster improvements in production methods to improve safety, delivery, process capability, quality and 6s standards in alignment with the company s strategic initiatives and core values.
* Facilitates a collaborative environment that promotes safe behaviors, safety policies and empowers the manufacturing team to effectively identify and eliminate at risk behaviors and conditions.
* Collaborates with the planning effectiveness team and manufacturing teams to develop production schedules to maximize customer delivery requirements and Kanban replenishments while exceeding objectives for safety, quality, and productivity.
* Fosters continuous improvement efforts in the form of kaizen events to improve work methods, process capability and reduce non-value added activities to improve ergonomics and manufacturing process flows.
* Fosters continuous improvement efforts in the form of kaizen events and total predictive maintenance events to elevate production constraints and improve overall throughput and profitability.
* Collaborates with leadership and human resources on talent development plans to promote opportunities and strengthen knowledge, skill and abilities promoting empowerment and advancement opportunities.
* Collaborates with talent development organization and serves as a coach and mentor to production teams in developing empowered and self-directed teams.
* Collaborates with facilities and engineering teams to develop autonomous maintenance and predictive maintenance programs.
* Participates in recruiting, selection and talent development and performance management processes.
* Facilitates daily team meetings and plan-do-check-act meetings fostering continuous improvement to achieve on time to customer requests with best in class quality.
* Embeds company policies regard to safety and housekeeping standards, and driving the safety culture with a behavior based orientation.
* Plans and assigns work for designated group of employees.
* Promotes systems to achieve relevant accredited standards as per company established guidelines (such as ISO standards 9001,14001,18001, ASME, etc.).
* May flex schedule based on the Plant s: weekly, monthly, and annual operating plan.
* .Creates and supports a positive working environment in alignment with the company s core values and ensures compliance with health and safety regulations and responsibilities. Supports and promotes team members attendance and participation at safety and environmental events.
* Monitors and promotes 6S objectives, as appropriate.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or Engineering preferred with 3-5 years of experience, or Associate s degree in related field plus five (5) to seven (7) years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment required in an ISO certified environment strongly preferred.
* Must possess strong communication skills.
* Computer skills required - Word, Outlook and Excel preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran