Accounting Executive 6/5/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-VT-Burlington
Aon is looking for an Accounting Executive
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Captive business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Burlington, VT.
Aon Captive & Insurance Management is an integral part of Aon Global Risk Consulting. Our 460 captive professionals manage over 1,000 captive companies across 39 domiciles worldwide, representing more than 15% of the global captive insurance market, across broad industry sectors. We are committed to outstanding customer service and innovation, and by having access to one of the biggest global network of experts in the insurance, reinsurance, actuarial and consulting space we help our clients to create opportunities and economic efficiencies.
Your impact as an Accounting Executive
* The Accounting Executive is primarily responsible for the strategic day-to-day management of a portfolio of captive insurance accounts, ensuring that the client, regulators and other service provider needs are not only met, but exceeded.
* The Accounting Executive proactively works with and leads Aon team members and others to ensure the companies remain in compliance with regulatory and accounting requirements.
* Overseeing the day-to-day operations of clients and serving as the primary contact for individuals from various departments, such as risk management, corporate controllership, tax, legal, etc. for both operational and strategic matters.
* Lead client service teams for a portfolio of clients to ensure quality and timeliness of financial reports and regulatory filings are met on a consistent basis.
* Mentor and develop accounting staff skills.
* Coordinate efforts with outside service providers, including actuaries, auditors, investment managers, brokers, claims adjusters and outside counsel to proactively meet client needs.
* Communicate with State regulators in regards to changes to the client business plan, ensuring each client remains compliant with all regulatory filing and state directives.
* Prepare and present materials during client board meetings, ensuring quality and inclusion of value added information.
* Partner with Aon leadership to evaluate and implement operational procedures for innovation, efficiency and best of class.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Effective communicator, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
* Organized and able to multi-task with ability to effectively re-prioritize tasks as needed
* Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
* Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and improve methods and approaches
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to utilize it to drive efficiency
* Demonstrated effectiveness in presentations to clients
* Demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external clients
* Ability to develop good working relationships within the Aon network and industry
* Aware of own strengths and weaknesses, building on the former and addressing the latter, with manager guidance
* Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice to clients, colleagues and other service providers, while maintaining a working knowledge of the details
* Ability to research, discuss and implement revised or new accounting guidelines or regulatory requirements
* Contribute to a collaborative, innovative and forward-thinking office environment
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.