Sales Tax Analyst 6/6/2018
Elmwood Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Agfa Graphics is a leading supplier to the printing industry. All over the world, we supply sign & display companies with a range of highly productive and versatile wide-format inkjet printers and dedicated inks, in addition to workflow automation software. We also serve various industries by deploying our state-of-the-art inkjet inks in printing solutions that are integrated into existing manufacturing processes.
Commercial, newspaper and packaging printers count on us for the most extensive range of prepress solutions, including hardware, software and consumables. These include a.o. user-friendly chemistry-free printing technology which saves costs and the environment, as well as mobile publishing software for newspapers and magazines.
This job provides the expertise to meet the various mandatory requirements imposed on the various Agfa North America legal entities by the various US and Canadian taxing authorities relating to sales and use tax and other misc. filing requirements.
* Responsible for the compiling all data necessary for the preparation and review of Canadian and US state sales and use tax returns for all Agfa legal entities
* Responsible for the preparation and review of Canadian and US state sales and use tax returns for all Agfa legal entities
* Responsible for quarterly reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
* Conducting tax research and respond to sales tax-related inquires or requests for assistance from the field personnel of Agfa for both Canada and US customers.
* Responsible for conducting tax audits of sales and use tax for all Canada and U.S Agfa legal entities
* Responsible for the preparation the annual report filings for all Agfa Canada and U.S legal entities
* Respond to inquiries from various government tax agencies relating to the above items
* Special projects as assigned by the tax manager from time to time, including process development, coordination with business units, and tax systems/process improvement
* Maintain and validate customer TEC certificate database
* Support tax department personal property function
* Undergraduate degree, Accounting or related field
* Three to five years of relevant Canadian and U.S sales tax work experience
* Canadian GST/HST, QST and PST.
* Canadian Input tax credits
* Experience in conducting tax research to resolve sales and use tax issues.
* Strong technical computer computing skills - especially in Microsoft Excel and
* Ability to work independently.
* Superior written and oral communication skills.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong SAP or similar experience preferred.
* Vertex and ADP/Taxware experience preferred
* TEC management
Agfa Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Agfa is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AccessAgfaJobs@agfa.com or call: 201-373-4010. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.