Sales Manager, Aon Retiree Health Solutions 6/6/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Lincolnshire
Aon Is Looking For A Sales Manager, Aon Retiree Health Solutions
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Retiree Health Solutions business group in Lincolnshire, IL. As a Sales Manager, you will report directly to the Sales and Service Quality Manager and have 15-20 direct reports which include entry colleagues in the Benefits Advisor role.
Your Impact As A Sales Manager, Aon Retiree Health Solutions
The Sales & Service Center Sales Manager (S&SC SM) -is responsible for the front line sales delivery. In this role, the S&SC - SM acts as a role model for the values of the firm and for sales and customer service best practices. Sales managers are expected to coach and develop Benefits Advisors through continuous sales technique and skills development, in addition to ensuring all performance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
The majority of the S&SC SM s day is spent interacting with Benefits Advisors (BAs) and Quality Managers. The S&SC SM is a people manager for a team of BAs (number based on business need) and is responsible for the day-to-day sales, performance management, coaching, and development of aligned BAs, and sales performance, and service through the inbound/outbound calls into the Benefits Center.
* Drive the sales results through daily, weekly, monthly sales management results and accountability; consistently coaching to sales targets for the BA, team and organization.
* Manage outbound telesales campaigns.
* Motivate and lead team to execute strategic sales plan; set action plan.
* Monitor each Benefits Advisors daily performance and compare it with each month s objectives.
* Assist Benefits Advisors in the selling process whenever needed.
* Address both positive and negative performance issues in a timely and impactful manner; driving accountability for results and immediate improvement towards results.
* Consistently achieve sales goals by managing sales performance against individual and team sales targets through use of coaching, motivation and metrics.
* Calibrate individual performance to ensure that Benefits Advisors use proven sales techniques and sales management routines.
* Conduct sales meetings to review performance of Benefits Advisors and stimulate greater achievements.
* Deliver consistent, timely sales coaching to BAs immediately after calls and after receipt of QA results.
* Offer coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation or information needed to meet sales objectives.
* Constantly improve the sales skills and tool usage of the team through participation and training delivery of new tools and skills as needed.
* Promptly address quality and/or compliance issues and completes necessary documentation to address any identified carrier concerns.
* Execute and administer HR Policies and evaluates performance management of BAs.
* Motivates Benefits Advisors to perform well.
* Ensure the sales floor operations function smoothly (appointment management, customer follow-up, etc.).
* Ensure Benefits Advisors are accountable to all individual and overall team operational metrics and supporting performance indicators (SPIs) - workflows, productivity metrics, call handle time, etc.
* Constructively handle (or supervise the handling of) all customer complaints related to the Benefits Advisor or service delivery received.
* Partner with fellow S&SC managers to coordinate and ensure proper BA skill maintenance, schedule accuracy, process compliance, and stable operational delivery.
* Supports delivery of contractual and internal performance standards and supports AHN Leadership Team in service, carrier, and client reporting.
* Emphasizes the whole job, ensuring that supporting performance indicators (SPIs) are emphasized and achieved.
* Support new program and client implementations and drives existing client change process.
* Acts as an advocate for change and is the lead in communicating changes and updates with aligned colleagues through daily/weekly huddles or aligned colleagues meetings.
* Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and sales techniques, etc.
* Develop knowledge/content management with accountability for Navigators performance support tools, such as: Therese, KM Tool, Escalation process, Process flows, etc.
* Lead, participate and facilitate cross-department projects as required.
* Assist in development of plans to improve customer satisfaction and overall quality of AHN Delivery.
* Identify process improvements/enhancements to performance support tools and client provisions/processes and share these with appropriate leaders.
* Participate and/or leads special projects that require Sales and Service Center participation.
* Represent the Sales and Service Center views on projects in a professional manner.
* Complete project activities on time and accurately. Seeks support when necessary if due dates in jeopardy.
* Provide consistent quality and timely updates to management and staff.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 2-4 years of leadership and/or people management experience
* Public speaking / sales motivational speaking skills
* Sales planning (Sales Builder or Accountability Model experience)
* Managing processes
* 1-3 years of Service Industry experience within Aon Retiree Health Solutions
* Specific domain and plan-specific, and/or market knowledge
* Experience with customer-focused performance metrics and continuous improvement management
* Customer service desktop tools
* Proficiency in Excel
* Proficiency in CS Quality Coaching and Personalized Care Model
* Ability to solve problems and create positive customer resolution to reduce escalation
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
* Bachelor s or equivalent years of industry experience.
* Current life and health insurance license or ability to obtain one
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.