Customer Service Manager I 6/6/2018
Garden City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-Garden City
Aon Is Looking For A Customer Service Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk, as part of our Travel Practice group within Aon Affinity in Garden City, NY.
Your Impact As A Customer Service Manager
Manage a team of Customer Service Specialists in the contact center who are the initial point of customer contact for our Travel Protection Plans inquiries. Direct, plan and coordinate daily contact center operations and activities. Work collaboratively with Customer Service Managers to ensure client and customer requirements are achieved and delivered per service level agreements. Successfully manage projects that impact the contact center productivity. Foster a creative team environment to bring forth the skills/talents of team members.
* Maintain standards and practices to ensure the contact center functions efficiently and effectively.
* Clearly define and communicate all goals and standards to the team. Maintain team s accountability for operational and business goals.
* Maintain team s call quality standards, providing feedback and developing performance development plans.
* Establish clear, measurable individual and team performance targets.
* Work collaboratively with internal management team and communicate effectively cross departmentally.
* Oversee the progress of employees through monitoring reports and providing appropriate feedback.
* Instill and nurture teamwork and ensure employee engagement on a daily basis.
* Drive employee engagement through open and supportive communication with the team and participation in departmental and company events.
* Plan departmental activities, set deadlines and determine status of work in progress.
* Participate in contact center recruitment activities, conducting interviews and identifying qualified candidates.
* Maintain and oversee daily staffing requirements to achieve service level agreements and operational targets.
* Design and implement projects that have a direct impact on contact center performance.
* Occasional travel to meetings or outside training may be required.
* Other duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5 years supervisory / management experience in a contact center.
* Project management experience.
* Strong verbal, written, analytical and leadership skills.
* Proven ability to effectively educate, lead, and engage employees.
* Experience in employee performance management, delivering performance improvement plans and conducting performance reviews.
* Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate employees to perform at peak standards.
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
* Experience in working cross departmentally to deliver results.
* Ability to handle multi-tasking effectively
* Strong time management skills.
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite products including Excel and Word.
* Experience in championing change and employee engagement culture.
* Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
* Previous experience using ACD system.
* Call delivery systems or CRM experience
* Associates or Bachelor degree preferred.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.