This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/6/2018
END DATE 7/11/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONHomeAbout LeachGarnerCareer OpportunitiesInspection Supervisor
Provides general supervision of the manufacturing inspection and test functions. Directs and coordinates the inspection and test activities with line supervisors. Interacts directly with production general supervisors in the accomplishment of support, scheduling, and throughput improvement objectives in the manufacturing process. Directs inspection workforce to maintain required throughput of inspection and ensure on time shipment.
* Monitors inspection and test queues and initiates action to maintain acceptable levels.
* Initiates cross-training and initial training programs that encompass all aspects of the manufacturing inspection and test functions to expand and improve coverage and personnel qualifications.
* Develops manpower planning and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected requirements. Includes the scheduling of overtime and the cost-effective use of temporary services.
* Coordinates the inspection and test response to schedule requirements as identified at regular production meetings held with manufacturing supervision and management.
* Develops a work scheduling system that responds to priorities and day requirements in each inspection and test location.
* Refines systems to provide a "look-ahead" capability to streamline throughput and resolve chronic obstacles or delays.
* Establishes effective lines of communication and feedback with manufacturing general supervisors, Quality Engineers, and Process Engineers to ensure prompt attention and resolution of conditions that adversely affect quality or throughput.
* Monitors, maintains, or develops performance reporting systems relative to the effectiveness of the inspection and testing operations and initiates necessary action based upon results.
* Develops and maintains employee development and participation programs that achieve the individuals' potential and added value to the organization.
* Extends the program to all levels from inspector to supervisor.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Strong leadership, communication, and self-motivational skills.
* High school graduate plus management training courses or seminars, at a minimum; associate's degree preferred.
* Prior experience as an Inspector in assembly and metal forming applications, preferably responsible for varied functions.
LeachGarner is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.