This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/6/2018
END DATE 7/16/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The mission of the Senior Accountant is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company s books, records, and financial reports. Within this mission is the responsibility to support and adhere to and enhance an effective system of internal controls and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), our company s policies and procedures, and any applicable laws and regulations. The Senior accountant must also support the needs of the business by providing analyses as necessary to support the understanding of variances, trends, and other activities that may have an impact on financial and operational performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting and Reporting
* Maintains a thorough understanding of internal policies and GAAP; assists in documenting and improving these policies
* Prepares transactions in a timely manner in accordance with GAAP and Corporate Policies
* Performs account analyses, maintains account reconciliations on complex accounts and ensures account balances are properly supported in a manner that facilitates the efficient review and audit of books and records
* Ensures all financial transactions are recorded with sufficient documentation to support the business purpose of the transactions
* Provides support to the business for decisions or processes that may have accounting implications
* Supports the audit process and provides documents as necessary to facilitate the completion of audit requests
* Performs research as necessary on accounting topics and supports the implementation or modification of accounting standards and policies; disseminates this information throughout the Company when necessary
Financial Statement Consolidation, Close and Review
* Supports month-end processes to ensure an accurate and timely financial statement close
* Works with team and manages the consolidation of global financial results which includes analyses related to foreign currency and intercompany
* Prepares quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
* Performs analyses as necessary to understand variances and provide responses to business
* Provides support in the preparation and review of reports and presentations to senior leadership
* Prepares quarterly financial statements for distribution to external parties
* Assists in tracking of fixed assets and capital projects
* Ensures fixed assets are capitalized in accordance with GAAP and company policy
* Makes accounting determinations regarding capital versus expense
* Partners with Tax department to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws
* Updates and improves fixed asset policies, procedures, and other documents as necessary
* Provides analyses to the business related to capital spending compared to budget and supports the development of capital spending projections
Internal Controls and Compliance
* Maintains an effective system of internal control and proactively addresses potential risk areas
* Assists with the creation and modification of process documentation, flowcharts, and process risk assessments
* Develops recommendations to correct control deficiencies and provide ideas for process improvements
* Performs other duties as deemed necessary
Minumum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Minimum Work Experience: 3 years of professional, progressive experience as an Accountant.
Licenses / Certifications: CPA or CPA candidate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong knowledge and proficiency applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Strong proficiency working with Financial Management Systems (i.e., Great Pains or SAP)
* Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook
* Strong business financial acumen.
* Organizational skills
* Ability to maintain information in a logical manner.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to include the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to be detail oriented.
* Time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines with frequent interruptions.
* Project management skills and the ability to lead projects.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision.
* Ability to adapt to changes in priorities
* Ability to problem-solve and implement solutions
* Ability to foster a team-oriented work environment.
* Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
Represents the appropriate physical requirements of the job in the course of the work.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities in order to perform the essential functions of this job.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus GA
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, SAP, CPA, Finance, Technology, Research
The W.C. Bradley Co. and its family of companies is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.