Testing and Evaluation Specialist, DFIR 6/7/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for a Testing and Evaluation Specialist
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk, in New York, New York. As a Testing and Evaluation Specialist, you will report directly to the Head of Lab.
Your impact as a Testing and Evaluation Specialist:
The Testing and Evaluation Specialist works to support the Digital Forensics and Incident Response practice in a diverse consulting company, providing the latest and greatest technologies to the consultants performing digital analyses. The Specialist will have the opportunity to gain expertise in cutting-edge digital forensic technologies and their impacts on critical, high-stakes digital investigations. The Testing and Evaluation Specialist evaluates new equipment and software, both commercial and proprietary; develops and executes rigorous testing methods; maintains the arsenal of disk images, software, and associated documentation available to the DFIR practice; and helps make recommendations that drive innovation in the practice. In addition, the Testing and Evaluation Specialist works directly with the Managing Director of the DFIR Practice on an as-needed basis to assist with digital forensic research and development.
* Test and benchmark new server and workstation hardware platforms.
* Evaluate new versions of forensic software and keep current portfolio of software well organized, up-to-date, and readily available to the DFIR practice.
* Maintain disk images, configuration, and documentation for all hardware platforms.
* Author testing reports and maintain change management documentation.
* Troubleshoot identified issues with software and hardware and work to roll out necessary solutions.
* Assist with the research and development of new tools and methods for digital forensics.
* Other R&D projects as assigned by the Managing Director, DFIR Practice.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux workstation and server operating systems.
* Familiarity with computer system hardware and software installation and troubleshooting
* Programming experience (one or more of C++, C#, Python, Perl, or Ruby).
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously while creating detailed project maps and meeting project deadlines.
* Resourcefulness, rigorous attention to detail, and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Familiarity with forensic techniques and commonly used forensic toolsets a plus.
* Strong work ethic and motivation, with a demonstrated history of ability to lead a team and develop talent. Even stronger analytic, quantitative, and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Interest in building intellectual capital for the firm by writing blogs, submitting to CFPs, and creating internal tools for analysis.
* Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and operate effectively in a dynamic, demand-based environment, requiring flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and needs.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
* Participation in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to malware security, vulnerabilities, and issues of cybersecurity and preparedness.
* A high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or an associated field, or 2 years experience in the Information Technology field. Recent college graduates with outstanding qualification encouraged to apply.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.