Business Continuity Specialist 6/7/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Business Continuity Specialist
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Global Security Services group in Chicago, IL.
Your impact as a Business Continuity Specialist
* Responsible to plan, design, develop and maintain the overall data strategy, data architecture, data models, principles, and standards.
* Establish and maintain relationships with Business & Technology Resilience (BTR) Plan Managers, Coordinators and Sponsors in the Aon community.
* Provide support when a business disruption occurs, including liaising with the Global Emergency Operations Center (GEOC). Conduct incident summaries and after actions reviews, as directed.
* Ensure timely, accurate completion of Business Continuity and Situation Response plans per agreed maintenance calendars with appropriate IT or Business Plan Manager/Coordinator. Document progress and compliance utilizing the preferred program management tools.
* Facilitate periodic/ad hoc training on the Business & Technology Resilience program suite of tools.
* Facilitate Disaster Recovery Rationalization. Monitor portfolio of critical applications/systems to ensure business recovery requirements are met.
* Maintain periodic written and oral communications utilizing the globally agreed templates to appropriate IT or Business Plan Manager/Coordinator for site/application/data center to keep overall process in clear view of leaders.
* Conduct and assess business continuity and situation response tests/exercises to identify gaps and ensure continuous improvement. Evaluate plan(s) against generally agreed upon Aon policies, standards and frameworks.
* Provide periodic advice and support to plan coordinators to assist in resolving program/planning/testing issues.
* Respond to client/carrier requests on Aon s Business & Technology Resilience program and readiness.
* Drive development and ongoing management of Business & Technology Resilience program plans and documentation that address the following using the global program tools. Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
* Risk Assessment (RA)
* Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
* Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP)
* Work Area Recovery Plans (WAR) (in partnership with Aon Disaster Recovery leads & vendors)
* Situation Response Plans (SRP) (in partnership with Aon s Global Emergency Operations Center GEOC)
* Facilitate action plans to ensure compliance. Key activities include: Risk assessment to evaluate potential threats
* Assess potential impacts through development/management of a business impact analysis (BIA)
* Identify and define critical and time sensitive functions, services, applications and infrastructure
* Perform business analysis, as needed, to explore potential/alternate recovery strategies
* Report identified gaps to management
* Assist with internal and external Business & Technology Resilience audits.
* Provide support to regional Global Security Services (GSS) peers and leadership, as requested.
* Actively participate in and support global program initiatives driven by global team peers.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 2+ year s hands-on experience in business continuity or crisis management.
* Strong understanding of business continuity plan development and testing best practices and processes.
* 3+ years' experience managing caseloads or projects for a large, global organization.
* Experience facilitating group discussions, training/awareness meetings, and exercise scenarios.
* Proven ability to facilitate colleague training on business continuity, including exercise scenarios (specific to business continuity or crisis management).
* Experience working in cross-functional teams in a large, global environment with the ability to build strong peer relationships.
* Experience managing programs in a diverse geography.
* Ability to be On-Call for incident response.
* Travel within the Americas region required (approximately 10%).
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and oral, presentation and interpersonal skills).
* Industry recognized certification in Business Continuity.
* Experience using Business Continuity Planning software.
* General information technology (IT) knowledge. Ability to work with IT on analysis and solutions.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.